• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things to do in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things to do in London

Going to be spending some time in London over the next few months, there is only so many Pot Noodles and Tissues I can use in my hotel, so looking for ideas for things to do on a weekday evening in London...
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Originally posted by portseven View Post
    there is only so many Pot Noodles and Tissues I can use in my hotel
    Have you tried punter net?
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

London

Good time to be in London, during summer stuck in a city with only a hotel to call home is frustrating when you hanker for a game of golf or go for a beer with your mates.

What I normally do is:

Pop to the cinema once a week (occasionally a west end show)
      Some nights go shopping – Oxford street / Selfridges / Harrods, typical touristy haunts, though that gets boring after a while!
      I play golf so go to the golf centre in canary wharf one evening a week to practice / have lessons
      I have joined a gym here so attempt to at least show my face once or twice a week
      Often wander to galleries / touristy stuff is open late (recently went to the Titanic exhibition at the O2 which was very interesting)

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Have you tried punter net?
        munter net's cheaper
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

See what's on at the theatre - many mid-week tickets are reduced.

Last year in London, three of us got together and did a culture evening most weeks - went to the theatre, ballet, opera, comedy.....

Not sure whether it counts as culture, but I went to see Avenue Q with cojak
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

shoreditch.

Comment

It might also be worth looking at the Taste of London cards or getting on some email lists for restaurants for some good deals.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                See what's on at the theatre - many mid-week tickets are reduced.

Last year in London, three of us got together and did a culture evening most weeks - went to the theatre, ballet, opera, comedy.....

Not sure whether it counts as culture, but I went to see Avenue Q with cojak
                Only if you got to 2nd base...

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
                  looking for ideas for things to do on a weekday evening in London...
                  The place is dead most nights. Don't even bother looking.

Comment

or i could attend a lecture by one of the more infamous bearded weirdie's

Richard Stallman - it's free software and it gives you freedom / Creative & Social Technologies, Goldsmiths, London

should be good for a laugh
                    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Working...
                    X