• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK Petrol Stations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Petrol Stations

Just two or more points:

- why no putting the octane levels on the pumps? My car takes 98 octane yet the petrol available is either 97 or has a silly name like Ultimate
    - why can't you put the pump in the tank, start pumping and fix it with a little lever so you can go off and wash your windscreen instead of having to stand there holding it all the time?
    - why do you have to ask for a VAT receipt? Why can't it all be on one receipt?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    - why can't you put the pump in the tank, start pumping and fix it with a little lever so you can go off and wash your windscreen instead of having to stand there holding it all the time?
    'elf and safety innit. I'll bet the EU get the blame for that, even though you can do this in most other EU countries.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

******* foreigners, coming over 'ere, paying for our goods and services, shouldn't be allowed, innit?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        ******* foreigners, coming over 'ere, paying for our goods and services, shouldn't be allowed, innit?
        Disgusting! In my day we didn't let them buy our petrol for themselves, oh no, we invaded their countries and made them buy petrol for us! It was good for them too!

Comment

So how come you haven't figured out that you can keep the pump running by wedging your fuel cap into the handle?
          World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            'elf and safety innit. I'll bet the EU get the blame for that, even though you can do this in most other EU countries.
            WHS, you used to be able to but its been stopped

I have seen people jamming something in there to have the same effect
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              WHS, you used to be able to but its been stopped

I have seen people jamming something in there to have the same effect
              Yep, they've taken it away in a lot of Dutch fuel stations too. I saw one bloke wedging an opened zippo in the pump handle, which rather defeats the object of the safety regs. A bit silly really, but somehow I admired his anarchic approach to the task.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                Just two or more points:
                Exactly. I used to do that & get back in the car until it had finished filling up.

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
                  So how come you haven't figured out that you can keep the pump running by wedging your fuel cap into the handle?
                  Cos I do this with mine
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                    Exactly. I used to do that & get back in the car until it had finished filling up.
                    And have a fag as well...

Comment

Working...
                    X