• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

switching to Belgian self-employed company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

switching to Belgian self-employed company

I signed a contract with an IT company in Luxembourg on my self-employed Bulgarian company for 8 months. I work at their client in Brussels.

Is it possible to use the first 6 months (<183 days) the Bulgarian freelancing contract, while staying at a hotel and keeping my main residence in Bulgaria? Then, if I will think I want to stay in Belgium, can I create a Belgian freelancing company without having to pay taxes retroactively for the first 6 months?

Please advise me if you know a good accountant who can help me with this situation or any other related details. I appreciate any answer you can give.

Thank you!

Welcome to ContractorUK

I am sure someone will be along to answer your question very soon.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

In my opinion no, you should register in Belgium straight away. The 183 days is not a rule that applies to businesses, you can't set up a factory for 182 days and then leave without paying tax or VAT. The 183 day rule means you won't be taxed on your personal worldwide income, and obviously you wouldn't be expected to pay any social security, but you will be still be liable for any taxes for any business transactions.

If you want to be sure take advice in Belgium.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
      X