• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sacked without notice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sacked without notice

...well I haven't, but perhaps there's a permie out there who has.

please post your sob story here, where you'll be given due sympathy.

We don't want you to post simply for amusement, because we're bored or take the p*ss we genuinely are concerned.

we genuinely are concerned.
    Who is?

Ooooooh, I get it! They post their sob stories and we have a good laugh...

Good one!

Spod - In "Mum's the word Blaster" mode!

Comment

MF for insubordination.

Comment

I've never been sacked. I have sacked quite a few people in my Permie days though.

Does that count?

PRC in do NOT return to your desk mode.

Comment

I'm getting made redundant after 30 years. I've been given a VR option and been advised to take it. Apparently I've been marked (scored) but they won't tell me how or what the scores are. They said they would do that next week and at the end of the meeting the VR offer would be withdrawn....what happened to right of appeal?

Comment

Perhaps you would like to share some of your experiences with us PRC.

We're not here to gloat over other peoples misfortunes, or sneer at people more inadequate than ourselves,

...we are really concerned.

Comment

Not really much to say.

It was a job and I was the one paid to do it. Some people expected it, some got angry, some got emotional.

To be honest, it was the ones who expected it and were armed with a list of "demands" that were the most work.

It was actually easier than making people redundant where it was not their fault that they were out of a job.

Comment

It was a job and I was the one paid to do it
                Anyone plant one on your chin?

Comment

Few years ago a friend of mine in Aus, got sacked without notice because of a joke email he got sent (Nothing major) when people were starting to flap about company email policies.

His manager didn't like him and he was about to leave anyway, I think they figured that he was an easy target and got wind that he was leaving. Thing they didn't figure, was his old man own's a top 100 company in Aus and is filthy rich, immediately got the company lawyers on the case - would have loved to have been there to see the complete creaming they got and the brown trouser feeling his manager must have had when he found out he'd picked on the wrong guy I do believe he wasn't with the company much after that ...

Comment

If they are giving you option then you could have them for constructive dismissal :rollin

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                    X