• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax boss charged with alleged £5m HMRC fraud

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax boss charged with alleged £5m HMRC fraud

Linky

A former president of one of the UK's largest tax bodies has been charged with a £5m tax fraud.

Andrew Meeson, until last week the president of the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT), was among four people charged yesterday with conspiracy to cheat the Inland Revenue.

It is as yet unclear exactly what HMRC is accusing the four of doing. Meeson, 50, from Wolverhampton, and his colleagues Peter Bradley, Alison Bradley and Steven Price all ran a company which provided administration services for pension schemes. Tax advisers pointed out that tax benefits relating to pension schemes are very heavily regulated by the tax authorities.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

That's the way to do it...

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    That's the way to do it...

None of this "Hi, I'm new, can I claim my White Lightning/3 grand mountain bike/50" flatscreen on expenses?"

Comment

Isn't it funny how, once informed of some alleged offence, one can look at a picture and immediately think "he looks shifty".

ATT president steps down over HMRC investigation - 27 Oct 2011 - Accountancy Age

I am convinced that the great majority of crimes could be prevented by computer analysis of faces, most obviously white youths with little piggy eyes are always louts, fat women who are noticeably wider in the lower half of the face are benefits cheats. Possibly the technology could be advanced to recognise these features in infants, then they could be slung in jail immediately after they are born to save on court costs.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
      X