• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Numpties, dead wood, column dodgers etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Numpties, dead wood, column dodgers etc

You're working on a project, getting stuff done, and other people on the project are not. You sense it. You expect that at some point they will get found out, and secretly harbour a wry smile for when that day comes. You've helped them as far as you can, and possibly a little bit further, but any more help then your own work will suffer and it's tantamount to doing their job for them.

Currently I am trying not to get sucked into the abyss that is the trail of stuff that should have been done by my peers, but it's only a matter of time

And if the project plan is revised to accomodate the extra work and I have to do it, then so be it.

But have you been in the situation when you are just working with a bunch of oxygen thieves on a project? When did it go big boomedy boom and what happened? Did you save the day? Did the column dodger get tulip canned?

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    You're working on a project, getting stuff done, and other people on the project are not. You sense it. You expect that at some point they will get found out, and secretly harbour a wry smile for when that day comes. You've helped them as far as you can, and possibly a little bit further, but any more help then your own work will suffer and it's tantamount to doing their job for them.

Currently I am trying not to get sucked into the abyss that is the trail of stuff that should have been done by my peers, but it's only a matter of time

And if the project plan is revised to accomodate the extra work and I have to do it, then so be it.

But have you been in the situation when you are just working with a bunch of oxygen thieves on a project? When did it go big boomedy boom and what happened? Did you save the day? Did the column dodger get tulip canned?

The bold part is where it starts to go wrong. The slacker gets picked up on it and you are already involved.

Comment

You're f*cked mate, you'll be out of the door before them.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        You see, this is why I want you to go and see a doctor. This kind of utter cretinism will be sorely missed if you croak.

Just to recap, I'm doing my work just fine, and am currently still important to the project (as a technical expert in my field of BPM).

So if it's a toss up of firing the slacker or firing the one who's actually frakin doing stuff then it's a no brainer. Well it's not entirely a no brainer as you have no brain and came up with the wrong take. Perhaps a modicum of intelligence is needed to make the right decision. In which case it is you who is f*cked, mate.

Comment

You see, this is why I want you to go and see a doctor. This kind of utter cretinism will be sorely missed if you croak.

Just to recap, I'm doing my work just fine, and am currently still important to the project (as a technical expert in my field of BPM).

So if it's a toss up of firing the slacker or firing the one who's actually frakin doing stuff then it's a no brainer. Well it's not entirely a no brainer as you have no brain and came up with the wrong take. Perhaps a modicum of intelligence is needed to make the right decision. In which case it is you who is f*cked, mate.
          Ok, but then again I'm not the one posting on a forum asking for help because I'm unable to do my job properly.

Comment

Ok, but then again I'm not the one posting on a forum asking for help because I'm unable to do my job properly.
            You see, again completely the wrong end of the stick. It was the PM who was not doing his job by allowing be to become overloaded, not pressing the customer, off shore team etc.

Comment

You're very naive (or stupid) if you don't even consider this as a possibility.

I never heard the expression "column dodger" before.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

You see, again completely the wrong end of the stick. It was the PM who was not doing his job by allowing be to become overloaded, not pressing the customer, off shore team etc.

Of course it was.

And all you did was stand there and wring your hands like a big fat fairy. How's your application for the role of Friar Tuck at the local Panto going btw?

Friar! He's behind you! In fact they're all hiding behind you!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  You're very naive (or stupid) if you don't even consider this as a possibility.

I never heard the expression "column dodger" before.
                  Linky for the naive

Comment

Churchill's usual personal vitriol when the situation quickly escalates beyond his mental capactity
                    Oh no I haven't

Comment

Working...
                    X