• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Met police officers disciplined over smashing suspect's car - WTH?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Met police officers disciplined over smashing suspect's car - WTH?

BBC News - Met police officers disciplined over smashing suspect's car

The driver, if it were me, must have been terrified. What else is this but state terrorism on patrol?

Five Metropolitan police officers have been disciplined for smashing the window of a suspected stolen car with baseball bats and a pick axe handle.

Video footage shows officers smashing the windows of the vehicle before dragging the driver out and pinning him to the ground.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Police happy slapping.

Is it because I is black???
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

What, no caparison to how the Germans would have handled the situation? FAIL
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

It's called "Shock and Awe" - it disorientates the occupants of the vehicle and distracts them for long enough so that they can't make their escape.

It happens most weeks on road-wars. That and the odd tazering. CM likes watching a good tazering!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          It's called "Shock and Awe" - it disorientates the occupants of the vehicle and distracts them for long enough so that they can't make their escape.

It happens most weeks on road-wars. That and the odd tazering. CM likes watching a good tazering!
          He was parked in traffic on a dual carriageway.

Purely for the camera.

Good job he wasn't Brazillian.

Comment

In many of these situations what looks like frenzied violence has a practical explanation. Obviously that guy smashed the windscreen simply to obscure the driver's view and thus make him less inclined to try flooring it.

Would have been better and more efficient perhaps to achieve the same effect with some kind of sticky dark windscreen gum spray, to avoid people like scooterscot wetting himself and jumping to false conclusions.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              He was parked in traffic on a dual carriageway.

Purely for the camera.

Good job he wasn't Brazillian.
              Sorry, my mistake, I forgot I was lecturing the patron saint of knows **** all

If memory serves, one of your neighbours is a copper, ask them about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Sorry, my mistake, I forgot I was lecturing the patron saint of knows **** all

If memory serves, one of your neighbours is a copper, ask them about it.
                Shock and awe for driving while disqualified!!

What do they do if you pop on a train without a ticket? Shoot you???

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

What do they do if you pop on a train without a ticket? Shoot you???
                  Only if you are also wearing a puffy jacket.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Only if you are also wearing a puffy jacket.

HTH

Homophobe.

Comment

Working...
                    X