• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bleeding Public Sector Workers!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bleeding Public Sector Workers!!!

BBC News - Pensions: Ministers claim new offer is 'very big move'

But the Institute of Directors said the government was conceding too much and the deal was unsustainable in the long term.

"It is not reasonable that private sector employees who will never enjoy defined benefit pensions should continue to subsidise public sector workers insulated from economic reality," its director general Simon Walker said.

Hear hear!!!!

Let them strike, and see if anyone really notices. Fire those who don't cause any impact and give their jobs to someone not swimming in a sense of entitlement.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Top class analysis in the Mash.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      BBC News - Pensions: Ministers claim new offer is 'very big move'

Hear hear!!!!

Let them strike, and see if anyone really notices. Fire those who don't cause any impact and give their jobs to someone not swimming in a sense of entitlement.

I work in public sector and your absolutly right, some of these people are just sitting here tossing it off waiting to retire with their big fat pile of free cash, its criminal, whilst not tarring all with the same brush alot of these people are a waste of space and would not survive 5 minutes in the private sector.

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
        I work in public sector and your absolutly right, some of these people are just sitting here tossing it off waiting to retire with their big fat pile of free cash, its criminal, whilst not tarring all with the same brush alot of these people are a waste of space and would not survive 5 minutes in the private sector.
        seconded

during a recent restructure here a colleague refused a promotion because he couldn't be arsed with the extra hassle for 2k p/a, so is just sitting it out until he can retire in 3 years at the grand old age of 55

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
          Jealous?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Since teachers are among those looking to strike, I think it will be noticed when all the contractors with kids have to lose several days' invoicing.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Jealous?
              I am not jealous as i can work at half my normal pace and still make a monkey out off most of them,my role is proof if required because if they had the same work ethic of the private sector they could run the show with half the staff and they would not need me in the first place

Infact what am i saying, let em have the money so they can sit back and chill some more and i will keep invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Since teachers are among those looking to strike, I think it will be noticed when all the contractors with kids have to lose several days' invoicing.
                Not really, there are plenty of dossers who need the child-minding money now their ESA will be stopped because they don't turn up for their portion of forced labour. It must be true, someone linked it from the Sun.

Who needs a CRB check really? You won't be able to get a check done anyway cos they will be on strike too.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  "all the contractors with kids" that don't have a partner/nanny already at home looking after the kids account for about
                  0.0000011% of the country as a whole.

HTH BIDI

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Aaah,the "institute of Directors"

"It is not reasonable that private sector employees who will never enjoy defined benefit pensions should continue to subsidise public sector workers insulated from economic reality," its director general Simon Walker said.
                    It wasn't so long ago that private sector workers had good pensions too, these were sacrificed on the altar of corporate profit. You will notice that most FTSE 100 directors still have very nice pensions indeed, not to mention average 40% pay rises in the last year. Imagine the outcry and hand wringing, not to mention legal action, if it were decided that these people were going to have their pensions snatched from under them. The sense of "entitlement" seems far stronger amongst these captains of industry than amongst public sector workers IMO.

I like the way that people are happy to blather on about "the politics of envy" when anyone questions the remuneration of those at the top but don't see the irony in criticising those with better pensions and easier jobs who would like to keep things how they are.
                    Last edited by doodab; 3 November 2011, 11:47.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X