• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A message to Anti-Capitalist Protestors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A message to Anti-Capitalist Protestors

I'm alright Jack

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I think it's a shame that the 'Occupy' movement seems to be attracting the same old rent-a-mob that want to protest against capitalism itself. Let's face it; there IS a real problem when losses van be nationalised while profits are privatised; there is a problem with a lack of responsibility among SOME of the directors of banks and large businesses. The answer cannot be to 'smash capitalism' or punish 'the rich'; it's to be found in small steps to redress the balance in the laws governing business, and possibly in the choices people make when investing their money.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Presumably she would be utterly pissed off if her husband only had to work 200 days a year to provide for his family.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Presumably she would be utterly pissed off if her husband only had to work 200 days a year to provide for his family.
          Possibly, as would the personal trainer she's shagging while he's away.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            I think it's a shame that the 'Occupy' movement seems to be attracting the same old rent-a-mob that want to protest against capitalism itself. Let's face it; there IS a real problem when losses van be nationalised while profits are privatised; there is a problem with a lack of responsibility among SOME of the directors of banks and large businesses. The answer cannot be to 'smash capitalism' or punish 'the rich'; it's to be found in small steps to redress the balance in the laws governing business, and possibly in the choices people make when investing their money.
            Exactly. We need to engender a sense of personal responsibility and social duty in everybody from dole bludgers to directors. Picking on one group and saying "they should be less selfish" is simply hypocritical when everyone is at it.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

see the back though...

'and the petroleum is also used to make the johnnies that my bf wears to kn0b me while my husband is on the rig'
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                see the back though...

'and the petroleum is also used to make the johnnies that my bf wears to kn0b me while my husband is on the rig'
                No more IRGBs for this lady.

Comment

Lack of decent spacing makes it too hard to read.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

She seems to be under the impression that her husband invented oil, whereas he's probably just a grunt earning an extraordinary amount of money helping to squander the last of our oil. Little wonder she likes capitalism.

Comment

Working...
                    X