• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bye Bye George Papandreou

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye Bye George Papandreou

Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou is to go to the country's president where he will offer to stand down to allow a coalition government to take power.
    from bbc news

The referendum is then expected to be scrapped and then what?

Never a quiet day in Greece
    Last edited by chef; 3 November 2011, 12:42.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

It's probably best for everyone.

What was he thinking?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

What was he thinking?
      Papendopodopolousus -'I know, this is a democracy. lets ask the people'

EU Beaurocrats -'Fck that'

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

But the European Commission said if Greece left the European single currency, it would have to leave the European Union as well.

"The treaty doesn't foresee an exit from the eurozone without exiting the EU," spokeswoman Karolina Kottova told a briefing in Brussels.
        Either the BBC or this Polish hairdresser Karolina Kottova are talking tulip. No member state can be forced to leave the EU.
        <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

And how does the market see this news??

Barclays just jumped from 1% down to 7% up. [shakes head smiley in disbelief]
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            I thought the Germans might have glimpsed a glimmer of hope with recent developing events, with Greece seemingly on course for removing itself from handouts for perpetuity.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              And how does the market see this news??

Barclays just jumped from 1% down to 7% up. [shakes head smiley in disbelief]
              Gold's up a bit too.

Comment

If a large wooden horse appears outside the European Commission don't wheel it inside!
                Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                  from bbc news

The referendum is then expected to be scrapped and then what?

Never a quiet day in Greece
                  If the referendum is revoked I'd expect more riots.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    Papendopodopolousus -'I know, this is a democracy. lets ask the people'
                    Dear Stavros, would you prefer:

a) ten or more years of public sector austerity in return for some loans from the EU
                    b) no pay, no pension, social disintegration, the army on the streets but you'll get to tell your grandchildren you stood up to those nasty Germans
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X