• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PM Demand

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM Demand

A positive outlook (hopefully) for those that do this sort of thing.

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Originally posted by Xenophon
    A positive outlook (hopefully) for those that do this sort of thing.

drinks are on you then!
    "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

Originally posted by janey
      drinks are on you then!
      Indeed. May even be able to stretch to a bottle of...

Then I'll be 'hip'

Comment

PM is the new 2000 bug of the contractors. Here is where the money is.

I am actually very surprised to see how many incompetent PM are around. They all hide behind the excuse that a good PM can manage everything. Fact that this is simply not true. I am also very surprised to see that many PM even after months since the project started they yet don't have a clue of what is going on. Most of the time is just about reporting what competent people say about everything to directors.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Nah - it's here.

I've been saying for ages infosec is where it's at. And don't forget of course the minimsed risk of offshoring...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
            Nah - it's here.

I've been saying for ages infosec is where it's at. And don't forget of course the minimsed risk of offshoring...

You need some skills for that.
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko

I am actually very surprised to see how many incompetent PM are around. They all hide behind the excuse that a good PM can manage everything. Fact that this is simply not true. I am also very surprised to see that many PM even after months since the project started they yet don't have a clue of what is going on. Most of the time is just about reporting what competent people say about everything to directors.
              This is true in my experience also. Every now and then someone is exposed as being the hapless, shambling buffoon that they are though. Which is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
                Nah - it's here.

Compliance is the gig to have now. Infosec techies are 10 a penny these days. Making sure they did the job right and making sure people play by the rules is where the money is.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko

I would make a superb Project manager, because I understand the great unwashed techies, yet can influence senior management. Plus I'm modest with it.
                  Better get my Prince 2 sharpish.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                    yet can influence senior management
                    I hope that you take the necessary precautions those days. You know... lots of nasty diseases floating around....

Comment

Working...
                    X