• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stupid Germans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid Germans

Firstly, they insist that Greece uses 6% of income to pay off debts, yet when that same percentage was required by the Versailles treaty, they said it was too onerous.
    They've done to Greece what was done to them: driven them into a corner.

Secondly, they insist the risks of moral hazard are worse than the risks of systemic collapse.

Thirdly they seriously misunderstand the utility (and nuances) of "printing money" due to their Weimar experience.

Fourthly, the Euro has been responsible for most of their success by making their exports cheaper, so they should really try to save it, at whatever expense

With growth rates in China and India contracting, and the US very sickly, the Germans will soon find that no one is buying their Beemers and Mercs.
    Indeed production has started to contract and their unemployment rate started to creep up according to the latest figures.

Why is it that the Germans have always made the wrong call, historically? Their history is littered with bad judgement.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

I dunno, I quite like the Germans and their funny square-headed, sausage munching ways

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      I dunno, I quite like the Germans and their funny square-headed, sausage munching ways

So do I.
      Although as a culture, they seem to do day-to-day life very well but are prone to losing their heads in crises and periodically going mad.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Firstly, they insist that Greece uses 6% of income to pay off debts, yet when that same percentage was required by the Versailles treaty, they said it was too onerous.
        They've done to Greece what was done to them: driven them into a corner.
        And you know what happens then - the Greeks come out fighting. Armed with discus-grenades, wooden horses (probably aluminium these days) and Gods.

Comment

So do I.
          Although as a culture, they seem to do day-to-day life very well but are prone to losing their heads in crises and periodically going mad.
          Got home yesterday to find the latest consignment of Deidesheimer Riesling Spatlese 2008 just behind the garden gate; very good, could well rest for another couple of years. Not quite the '98, but worthwhile nonetheless. Stupid Germans would have drunk it themselves if they had any sense.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Got home yesterday to find the latest consignment of Deidesheimer Riesling Spatlese 2008 just behind the garden gate; very good, could well rest for another couple of years. Not quite the '98, but worthwhile nonetheless. Stupid Germans would have drunk it themselves if they had any sense.
            Nah, they're letting there's rest for another couple of years unlike Brits who just whack it straight down regardless
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I'm being serious. The Germans have a habit of self-immolation on a point of misguided principle.
              Can you imagine if what the UK would do in a similar situation: pragmatism would rule.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I'm being serious. The Germans have a habit of self-immolation on a point of misguided principle.
                Can you imagine if what the UK would do in a similar situation: pragmatism would rule.
                Are you sure this is a habit or not just a phase they went through for a century or so?
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I found a Riesling in my Cellar, which had been lying around for several years. I think I'd tried to open it and the cork had broken, anyway several years later managed to get it open because I really fancied a glass of wine, g*d it was good.

Definitely recommend letting Riesling mature for several years.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Are you sure this is a habit or not just a phase they went through for a century or so?
                    Either way, are they over it yet?
                    I hope so. They must know that the EUro collapsing would be an economic catastrophe for everybody, not least themselves, yet they seem stuck on points of principle.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X