• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DV Clearance has anyone recently been through it need advice please!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DV Clearance has anyone recently been through it need advice please!!!

Hey,

Thanks for checking out my post.

I recently left the British Army in Feb and am just starting the DV clearance process for a Job Role.

I am not too worried with regards to the hard questions and probing and want to be 110% honest with the person that interviews me.

However in my past i have in my stupid yrs dabbled very very very rarely with Cocaine and when i left the Army this year i very stupidly in a drunken state decided it would be clever to try it again, i woke the next day genuinely discusted with myself and have and never will try it again and have also cut ties with anyone associated with that kind of stuff since the night in question about 6 months ago.

I really want this position and am worried now i may have jepordized my clearance does anyone have any advice or experience in weather i will get declined, obviously in my interview i will declare this and i have no major debt problems or criminal convictions and no other issues.

Thanks in advance for your comments

I would be discusted [sic] with you as well.

This is a forum full of dodgy characters (just look in general), no need to justify your actions to us.

Bottom line is... Who knows about this? Is it likely to end up on record somewhere? They can only question you about stuff they know about and I highly doubt they have CCTV of you in toilets pushing crap up your nose.

Was it reported or documented officially? If not then I can't see how it can come up.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I would be discusted [sic] with you as well.

This is a forum full of dodgy characters (just look in general), no need to justify your actions to us.

Bottom line is... Who knows about this? Is it likely to end up on record somewhere? They can only question you about stuff they know about and I highly doubt they have CCTV of you in toilets pushing crap up your nose.

Was it reported or documented officially? If not then I can't see how it can come up.
      Ignore the above, he's talking bollocks for once....

Don't p!ss about with clearance. They are testing to see if you can be trusted with Top Secret material and aren't open to coercion, including by people threatening to talk about your drug-addled past ( ). Telling fibs is possibly not the best way to persuade them.

Chances are they know about it already (especially if you're ex military). They'll also be interviewing people about you and those people may not be as discrete as you may wish.

Be honest. They won't care, it may even work in your favour.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by ExArmy View Post
        Hey,

Thanks for checking out my post.

I recently left the British Army in Feb and am just starting the DV clearance process for a Job Role.

I am not too worried with regards to the hard questions and probing and want to be 110% honest with the person that interviews me.

However in my past i have in my stupid yrs dabbled very very very rarely with Cocaine and when i left the Army this year i very stupidly in a drunken state decided it would be clever to try it again, i woke the next day genuinely discusted with myself and have and never will try it again and have also cut ties with anyone associated with that kind of stuff since the night in question about 6 months ago.

I really want this position and am worried now i may have jepordized my clearance does anyone have any advice or experience in weather i will get declined, obviously in my interview i will declare this and i have no major debt problems or criminal convictions and no other issues.

Thanks in advance for your comments

If you got done for anything and dont declare it, it will affect your chance. I know someone who'd got a caution for having a couple of spliffs and didnt declare it for a security cleared role. Although they were allowed on site for day one, they didnt make day two.

Also, if you are going for a security cleared role with someone like G4S, you have to declare spent convictions too as they have exemption from the usual statute of limitations.
        I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

As above, be honest, declare it all. I know someone who's had a very colourful background included coke taking and he got his DV. He was very honest about it all and I think the interviewer was rather taken aback by some of his admissions

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            If you got done for anything and dont declare it, it will affect your chance. I know someone who'd got a caution for having a couple of spliffs and didnt declare it for a security cleared role. Although they were allowed on site for day one, they didnt make day two.

Also, if you are going for a security cleared role with someone like G4S, you have to declare spent convictions too as they have exemption from the usual statute of limitations.
            Where in any of his explaination does he mention getting done for anything?

Comment

Where in any of his explaination does he mention getting done for anything?
              You don't need to get done for anything, for DV clearance they do an awful lot of digging!
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                You don't need to get done for anything, for DV clearance they do an awful lot of digging!
                Am aware of that. I was responding to Bolshies comment.

Comment

Am aware of that. I was responding to Bolshies comment.
                  They'll look into your friends and family as well, so if there is anything there, then it's best to come clean early rather than fail later.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I know people who've had to go through drugs testing for DV roles to test for recent (6-12 months) use.

Comment

Working...
                    X