• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone in Paris?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone in Paris?

Just booked flights and hotels, now I need to find some bars/pubs. Any suggestions?

Mordy in Mode
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

See you there!
    Cats are evil.

Comment

Try Hilton...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
        Just booked flights and hotels, now I need to find some bars/pubs. Any suggestions?

Mordy in Mode
        I would have taken the Eurostar but if you prefer airports fair enough, as for where to go it depends on what you like,are you looking for Brit Irish type bars or the more Parisian Bistro style ...

For the latter Parisian bistros my tip is to take the Metro to Trocadero and watch the pretty girls go by with magnificent views of the Effiel Tower, some more boisterous bars near the Pigalle area, but wouldnt go near the more sleazy joints , not that you would even dream of such a thing Mordac.

Anyway take your pick from this list ere ... http://www.parispubs.com/

Comment

Cant remember the name, Fussilier or Grenadier some squaddie sounding name. Owned by a Brit contractor. He is called Johnathon and looks like Uncle Fester Adams. Tell him a mate from Eurocontrol in Brussels recommended the place, he might buy you a drink. He has been known to be in the chair all night and then introduce people to some dancing girls he knows.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

and then introduce people to some dancing girls he knows.
            Est-ce qu'elles avalent?
            We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

According to the wonder that is Google translator, that should be:
              Est-ce qu'elles avalant?

Comment

Originally posted by Jakes Daddy
                According to the wonder that is Google translator, that should be:
                Est-ce qu'elles avalant?
                No.
                "Avalant" is the present participle.
                "Avalent" is the third person plural.

Conjugate the verb "avaler"
                Last edited by Fleetwood; 26 April 2006, 12:03.
                We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

I bow to your superior language skills, and take your word for it
                  (It is only because my French is not up to scratch that I had to Google it in the first place )

Comment

oh ChampsElysee
                    ...oh ChampsElysee
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X