• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Screwing Employers over?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screwing Employers over?

Imagine you just returned to an old role with a minor pay bump as a fallback position when you failed to get some better roles.

Just settled down back after a week and an offer for a large pay increase in another role with newer tech comes along.

Should you stab your friends at the old role in the back and leave ASAP for fresher fields?

Yes. Business is business. Next.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by gruntling View Post
      Imagine you just returned to an old role with a minor pay bump as a fallback position when you failed to get some better roles.

Just settled down back after a week and an offer for a large pay increase in another role with newer tech comes along.

Should you stab your work colleagues at the old role in the back and leave ASAP for fresher fields?
      FTFY. People at work are not your friends. Two months after leaving you will not give a toss about most of them.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
        Yes. Business is business. Next.
        What Lockhouse said.
        You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Should you stab your friends at the old role in the back and leave ASAP for fresher fields?
          Something you want to tell us?

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1250513

Comment

Mmmmmm?

What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Damn. Why did I never get stuck with these choices? I have wanted to be unprincipled and nasty and evil all my life but the opportunities never arose.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Damn. Why did I never get stuck with these choices? I have wanted to be unprincipled and nasty and evil all my life but the opportunities never arose.
                Bloody good job with your mind you psycho.

http://www.xoggoth.org/images/autumn.gif

What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Once again (for the second time this week ), you should exercise your substitution clause (you do have one don't you?), sub the old role out and take the new one and make even more money.

Comment

This role you have returned to:

Have you agreed a contract?
                    Have you signed a contract?
                    What is your 'notice' period?

Comment

Working...
                    X