• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Christmas this year will be in the Douro valley

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas this year will be in the Douro valley

.. away from it all. The house has a lovely wood burning stove in the kitchen/living room. We have got a factotum to lay in supplies of wood and a lady to come in and cook.
    Should be great
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Tester and Lady Tester will be in Namibia, short safari, a trip to the Skeleton Coast, some sandboarding and plenty of barbecued game with the locals. Oh, and of course a visit to the shops that sell Kaiser Wilhelm memorabilia.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I've heard these care homes for the elderly with learning difficulties can be a great relief for the the rest of the family.

Enjoy your "retirement home" Christmas dinner. I'm sure your friends and relatives will enjoy the peace.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        .. away from it all. The house has a lovely wood burning stove in the kitchen/living room. We have got a factotum to lay in supplies of wood and a lady to come in and cook.
        Should be great
        Choices choices.

Stay at home?

Take a break in our new BTL?

Or camp on the building plot?

Choices choices.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'm at the inlaws

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Tester and Lady Tester will be in Namibia, short safari, a trip to the Skeleton Coast, some sandboarding and plenty of barbecued game with the locals. Oh, and of course a visit to the shops that sell Kaiser Wilhelm memorabilia.

Sounds excellent, although Christmas still feels weird in a hot place. Sadly junior SAS precludes long flights.
            Make sue you drink plenty of the local brew.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I've heard these care homes for the elderly with learning difficulties can be a great relief for the the rest of the family.

Enjoy your "retirement home" Christmas dinner. I'm sure your friends and relatives will enjoy the peace.

Perhaps you should book another Center Parcs trip, you sad chav.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Loved Namibia. Did Etosha, but never managed Skeleton Coast. Found a fantastic restaurant that did a mixed grill including croc, ostrich and a couple of bocks. If you are in town be wary of the Becks pub. It is frequented by women who charge by the hour.
                Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
                  I'm at the inlaws
                  My commiserations.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Im doing 3 days at Butlins week before xmas.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X