• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gulp - i'm benched...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gulp - i'm benched...

Just got canned, no renewal coming. Had a good run here and probably got a bit too comfy, which is never a good idea. Benched in December - which is an even worse idea.
    Shaken me up a bit, which it shouldn't after this long in the game, time for a stiff drink, dust myself down and get back in....

Chin up, don't let 'em see the fear in your eyes!

Comment

Chin up.
      PMA.
      Unlock the war chest.
      Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Have a long holiday and look in the new year
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
          Just got canned, no renewal coming. Had a good run here and probably got a bit too comfy, which is never a good idea. Benched in December - which is an even worse idea.
          Shaken me up a bit, which it shouldn't after this long in the game, time for a stiff drink, dust myself down and get back in....
          Are you out the door already? I was benched on Monday, with a couple of weeks to tie things up, so I worked the network for all I could and had confirmation of a new contract in a different dept through this morning... If you're still there, see if there's anything about, work your network. Now is not the time to be going cold to agents.

Good Luck.
          We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
          - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk
            Go permie, you are not cut out for contracting IMO
            Do you have a shortcut key for this post?
            We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
            - Douglas Adams

Comment

Tell them that you had started seeing someone else anyway. They'll then beg you to come back.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
                Oh, good luck - it will be Ok; as another poster said; decide on some time off without looking, i.e. a proper break. Try to enjoy!
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Always a bit of a pain when it first happens..but take a short break and then right back at it in the new year.

you are lucky - I've been essentially outta work for 9 months. Which ain't good 'cause the wife now says she wears the pants, and then goes out and buys three handbags. I'm still paying all bills outta my pocket btw.
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Bad luck. Where one door closes etc...

As other posters have said, enjoy Xmas and look in earnest in the new year. Enjoy the break

Comment

Working...
                    X