• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Lunch in Wincanton

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Lunch in Wincanton

Did a bit of a tour on e local garden centre circuit this morning ending up in Winwanton where missus and I have been eyeing up a very nice nest of tables for some time.

Made the purchase & suggested going for a spot of lunch to celebrate. There's a pub just off the A303 that does a good carvery.

Carvery is wife's favourite.

Anyway got there to th my benus find car park pretty full. Went into pub and enquired if they could squeexe us in but said they were too full. This was at 1.55 - not leaving us much time to find anywhere else as nowhere round here serves after 2pm.

Went into Wincanton and parked the car outsside Scummerfields. Wlakd down high strret & tried 2 pubs but they'd stopped serving. At third pub was same story - kitchen had just closed but then chief came out and said that he could do us Sunday roast. Result. Wife had the beef and I had the pork. Both came with Yorkshires, choice of apple sauce, English mustard and horseradish. Vegetables were carrots, cabbage and leeks in cheese shoes.
    Last edited by pacharan; 6 November 2011, 18:16.

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Vegetables were carrots, cabbage and leeks in cheese shoes.
    Out of the many bits of that that merit a , I'm going for that one.

Comment

Did a bit of a tour on e local garden centre circuit this morning ending up in Winwanton where missus and I have been eyeing up a very nice nest of tables for some time.

Made the purchase & suggested going for a spot of lunch to celebrate. There's a pub just off the A303 that does a good carvery.

Anyway got there to th my benus find car park pretty full. Went into pub and enquired if they could squeexe us in but said they were too full. This was at 1.55 - not leaving us much time to find anywhere else as nowhere round here serves after 2pm.

Went into Wincanton and parked the car outsside Scummerfields. Wlakd down hight strret & tried 2 pubs but they'd stopped serving. At third pub was same story - kitchen had just closed but then chef came out and said that he could do us Sunday roast. Result. Wife had the beef and I had the pork. Both came wirh Yorkshires, choice of apple sauce, Englich mustard and horseradish. Vegetables were carrots, cabbage and leeks in cheese shoes.
      If we team up we could be awesome

Utter bollocks
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Given that you have no life why do you think you have to share your boredom with us.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Given that you have no life why do you think you have to share your boredom with us.
          To be fair he's contributed a lot more to this thread than you have.

[tags-pacharan]
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Went into Wincanton and parked the car outsside Scummerfields. Wlakd down high strret & tried 2 pubs but they'd stopped serving. At third pub was same story - kitchen had just closed but then chief came out and said that he could do us Sunday roast. Result. Wife had the beef and I had the pork. Both came with Yorkshires, choice of apple sauce, English mustard and horseradish. Vegetables were carrots, cabbage and leeks in cheese shoes.
            I wouldn't mind, but that load of drivel is after he's edited it!

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
              I wouldn't mind, but that load of drivel is after he's edited it!

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I can neg again
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Me too!

Comment

At least AtW's "My Lunch" threads are succinct.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X