• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How big is your..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How big is your..

Monitor at home?

I've never found the need for a home monitor as I mainly work at the client site and when I am working from home it's usually documentation and so I could make do with using gf chef's desk and just my laptop screen. It seems that for the next few months I'll be working from home a lot more and so I want to get setup with a decent working environment, so, today is desk shopping and monitor researching.

What do the esteemed members of CUK have in terms of monitors? and what would you buy right now?

cheers
    Chef
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

I've got 2 21" monitors

Unfortunately they are not Full HD but fairly close to it
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

My PC screen is my 32" HD TV.
      Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        I've got 2 21" monitors

Unfortunately they are not Full HD but fairly close to it
        Same - 2 X SyncMaster 940N. Nothing special but they've lasted since the start of my contracting career and are 4:3 aspect which I prefer.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I've got 22" 1080 16:9 with HDMI which is handy if I ever want to watch a Bluray or play Xbox (which I haven't yet), I found I was moving my head to much with a 24".

And the 22 was cheaper.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

2x22" T220 SyncMasters. Recently swapped my PSU for a BeQuiet. I'd definitely recommend it.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

ANy particular reason Samsung Syncmasters seem so popular?
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                ANy particular reason Samsung Syncmasters seem so popular?
                If I was going to be redoing mine, I'd want a monitor which can take other inputs and have some built in speakers. That way I can leave one monitor on for use with the PC and use the other for PS3/TV or whatever amd then easily switch back to dual monitor usage when required.

The Samsung Synchmasters seem to fit that usage model!
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

I prefer a de-cluttered desktop at home so opt for all-in-one jobbies - currently a 20" Sony Vaio VGC-V2S

Looking for a replacement with a bigger screen (all the time stopping myself buying the 27" mac)
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

2 x 22" LG LED monitors and 1 Hanns-G 22"
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X