• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did the government actually change?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the government actually change?

Move to ‘fast track’ migrant workers - Telegraph

Theresa May to face questions over order to relax border checks - Telegraph

The Swiss don't even look at your passport anymore, might throw mine away.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Last time I was in Switzerland, 6 years ago, when we left by car the border control was open and unmanned. Simply drove through without even slowing down.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

When we went to France at half-term, there was no-one at French passport control at Eurotunnel. Paused for a bit, then went straight through.

That said, if you were here illegally, why would you leave to go back to Europe?
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

Last time I was in Switzerland, 6 years ago, when we left by car the border control was open and unmanned. Simply drove through without even slowing down.
          Do reckon anyone would notice if I knocked up a nice little chalet on some alpine mountain slope and started living there?
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            That said, if you were here illegally, why would you leave to go back to Europe?
            Some migrant farm labourers follow the harvests from one place to the next.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Even at the airport?

I can believe they may not bother at land borders where you're surrounded by Euroland countries, but airports are the one way in without passing through a trusted country first.

Comment

"Did the government actually change?" - no. These days Labour & Tory are neo-liberals fighting to control the centre ground. It doesn't matter who you vote for.

Comment

What's up with the automatic passport machines. I used one once (under supervision) and now the machines always seem to be off-line or non-existent.

Comment

As we're (you're) all in this together, and there are many difficult decisions to make, the conservatives have always said that making cuts is a choice between cutting back office bureaucracy or front line services.

But, nobody said they couldn't choose both options

Comment

Working...
                    X