• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last day doughnuts ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last day doughnuts ....

My final day on site is coming up and the 'tradition' is for the person leaving to bring in doughnuts & treats for everyone.

Does this happen in other places?

Do you guys subscribe to the feeding of the masses simply because your contracts finished?

Just wondering.

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    My final day on site is coming up and the 'tradition' is for the person leaving to bring in doughnuts & treats for everyone.

Do you guys subscribe to the feeding of the masses simply because your contracts finished?

Just wondering.
    sod doughnuts. get pakoras, lamb tikksa and onion barghees

yum yum
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I have to buy doughnuts just for walking away and leaving my desktop unlocked, some fecker always sends an email from my PC telling the entire team of my selfless generosity.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I usually do, nothing wrong with it in my opinion.

I don't want to be remembered as the ranker that didn't buy any cakes when he left. Any good work you have done will all be forgotten about

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Nope.

Never have & never will.

I usually just disappear to everyone's great relief.
          Me to i don't subscribe to the birthday cakes, leaving card, big speak thing, thats what permis do, i arrived i did my job and i left i did exactly what it said on the tin

Comment

Buy cakes while you are there, not on the way out. At least you won't get booted out for being tight fisted.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post

Just wondering.
              Depends on the people I'm working with (so very rarely buy treats - think I can remember once in 10 years)

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                Buy cakes while you are there, not on the way out. At least you won't get booted out for being tight fisted.
                I used to work at a place where at the weekly meeting, someone was nominated to buy a buffet style feast of cakes, sausage rolls, pork pies, etc. It wasn't optional either, and as a contractor trying to be on good footing you just had to go with it and buy good quality stuff.

After a while I noticed the meeting organiser never bought any of the food, and often team members who he didn't like had more than their fair share of turns at buying. I only bought it once the whole time I was there and put it on expenses , whereas some poor permie sod had to buy it about 4 times in the same period.

Comment

I usually buy everyone chocolate cookies. Made with ex-lax chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                    I used to work at a place where at the weekly meeting, someone was nominated to buy a buffet style feast of cakes, sausage rolls, pork pies, etc. It wasn't optional either, and as a contractor trying to be on good footing you just had to go with it and buy good quality stuff.

After a while I noticed the meeting organiser never bought any of the food, and often team members who he didn't like had more than their fair share of turns at buying. I only bought it once the whole time I was there and put it on expenses , whereas some poor permie sod had to buy it about 4 times in the same period.
                    I worked for a local authority and when they had there monthly team meeting someone would bake a cake or a loaf of bread, they would challenge the monthly person to make something they had never baked before, we had some fantastic homemade cakes and Pastries

Comment

Working...
                    X