• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Floaters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floaters

Anyone here ever suffer from floaters in their vision ? Mrs EO has had an eye test, because of peripheral dazzle and floaties.
    They ruled out anything serious

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

I once dropped a floater; I'd been on some 'sustainable business' course when I was a permie and they only had veggie food. Very quickly, after returning to my usual carnivorous diet, I started producing sinkers again, and have always done so since.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      Anyone here ever suffer from floaters in their vision ? Mrs EO has had an eye test, because of peripheral dazzle and floaties.
      They ruled out anything serious

For like since ever! Staring into bright lights is worse, or reading in direct sunlight

Seriously deffo nothing to worry about, get them all the time, kind of reassuringly really

If Mrs EO had enough wobbly warhead to worry about she would not have enough time to get the vapours over such trivia

PM me if you need suppport
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        For like since ever!
        innit!

Comment

Yeh, same thing. Year ago, suddenly had bright flashes of light every time I moved my eye plus floaters. Doc sent me straight to eye hospital - panic. They said it was minor problem and should clear up. All back to normal in a week or two.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            I once dropped a floater; I'd been on some 'sustainable business' course when I was a permie and they only had veggie food. Very quickly, after returning to my usual carnivorous diet, I started producing sinkers again, and have always done so since.
            How about phantoms? So perfectly formed they glide silently on round the S-bend and disappear out of sight. Unnerving when you stand up and have a look - for an instant you can't decide whether you imagined doing it, or think it's escaped and hiding behind the loo.

Comment

I'm not sure if I have floaters as they don't move independantly of the eye, they move with it.

They're probably more likely to be small scratches on the cornea. Oh the joys of getting old.
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Very funny TAG on this thread

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  How about phantoms? So perfectly formed they glide silently on round the S-bend and disappear out of sight. Unnerving when you stand up and have a look - for an instant you can't decide whether you imagined doing it, or think it's escaped and hiding behind the loo.
                  I haven't done one of those for a while, but perhaps it's because I tulip in Dutch bogs, where the turd falls onto a sort of 'inspection shelf' before being flushed into the S-bend. I've sworn that when we re-do the bathroom these bogs will be replaced with a design that's less scatological, but somehow the money keeps getting spent on wine instead.

Comment

I've had floaters in my eyes since I was in school. Nothing serious and I just ignore them.
                    Never had dazzling though.

Comment

Working...
                    X