• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stek's depressing film of choice for tonight...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stek's depressing film of choice for tonight...

The current Mrs stek is out at a KT Tunstall gig in Huddersfield, last time this happened I watched 'Angela's Ashes', four kids dead in the first 20 mins, and I was a bit sad for quite a long time. A McDonald's Breakfast McMuffin cheered me up the next day though.

Now I'm doing 'The Grapes of Wrath' movie, the Steinbeck novel depressing beyond belief, film apparently has a happy(ier) ending, but missing the bit where Rose has a stillborn child and offers her milk laden breasts to a starving man, I'd pay to see that in black and white, as I would for a bit of Hollywood Creampie, but that's not gonna happen unless I google '1940's Hollywood Creampie' and get a result.

When Corrie downloads I'm watching that though....

Am watching Inglorious Barsterds, good film so far.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Gets nice and violent.

You can take that suit off.....
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I was going to make a rug munching joke but it turns out KT Tunstall isn't one.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Done 2 mins so far and it's well boring. Might switch to 'Doppelgänger" or "Flat-sharing Shaggers". I've give it plenty.

Old films are rubbish, I don't know why they just don't burn them.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Worth a watch? Got mixed reviews.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

I've never read nor seen Grapes of Wrath, but picked up a copy while in the US. Waiting to read it.

I ended up reading "On the Beach" instead, which was very good but perhaps the saddest thing I ever read.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Now I'm doing 'The Grapes of Wrath' movie, the Steinbeck novel depressing beyond belief, film apparently has a happy(ier) ending, but missing the bit where Rose has a stillborn child and offers her milk laden breasts to a starving man
                It is a great book but not seen the film.
                If you're in the market for engrossing but depressing films, try "Requiem for a Dream".

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Gets nice and violent.

You can take that suit off.....
                  Albeit still a crap film
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TinTrump View Post
                    It is a great book but not seen the film.
                    If you're in the market for engrossing but depressing films, try "Requiem for a Dream".
                    How about depressing albums (I'm sure there was an article somewhere about this)?

Pretty sure there was a Joy Division album on there (the one before he topped himself) and also Holy Bible by Manic Street Preachers.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X