• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RIP Smokin Joe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Smokin Joe

Joe Frazier. Great memories. The Thriller in Manilla was the most brutal fight I can remember. It effectively finished both him and Ali.

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Bumpity.
    Ah, what with the other thread posted at around the same time an' all, I was going to delete this. But I couldn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      Ah, what with the other thread posted at around the same time an' all, I was going to delete this. But I couldn't.
      I remember him doing International Pro Celebrity Golf one year representing the USA alongside Tom Weipskoff while the UK had Charlie Drake alonside Peter Oisterhuis. I think the USA won.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
        I remember him doing International Pro Celebrity Golf one year representing the USA alongside Tom Weipskoff while the UK had Charlie Drake alonside Peter Oisterhuis. I think the USA won.
        That's interesting, I never marked Smokin' Joe down as a golfer.

I do remember him performing with his pop combo called The Knockouts (do you see what he did there?). They weren't well-known over here but might have released a few foot-tappers in the USA.

PS I didn't know Charlie Drake was on the Pro Celebrity Golf circuit. He didn't look much like a golfer either, what with his stature and ginger locks.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          PS I didn't know Charlie Drake was on the Pro Celebrity Golf circuit. He didn't look much like a golfer either, what with his stature and ginger locks.
          Hello My Darlings.

Comment

Working...
          X