• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The rules of rugby

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rules of rugby

The sport has obviously changed since I last played it. None of my team or the opposition looked anything like this lot.

NSFW if your client doesn't approve of ladies in little more than bikinis.

The rules of rugby
    laws

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

That should be on OAD
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        laws

Sorry Mitch, for some reason that video distracted me.

Comment

Oi! I posted that during the RWC!
          Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Proof example that Rugby Union is for girls, League all the way!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Proof example that Rugby Union is for girls, League all the way!
              If you're going to troll union fans, be a bit more subtle, yer big pansy woofter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                If you're going to troll union fans, be a bit more subtle, yer big pansy woofter.
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

I've played both actually, but more union. Personally I found union more demanding in terms of strength, especially upper body strength, and anaerobic running, but league required more aerobic fitness because it's non stop movement backward and forward. But then, it would also depend on what position you play. I can't really say one is tougher than the other; both would be physically pretty tough for someone switching codes; it can be done and is often done succesfully, but it requires a shift in training emphasis; basically if a union forward plays league he'll be knackered after 40 minutes of the first few games from all the running, and a league player moving to the forwards in union would be knackered from the shoving and wrestling for the ball. I don't know what 'backs' are for so I can't comment on them or their lovely haircuts.

Comment

Only good thing about League is that they do "dressing room cam" better than us (Union).
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X