• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Burton Bradstock Gay Fun Run: The Full Account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Burton Bradstock Gay Fun Run: The Full Account

(Or a response to a request from Mich)

Owing to recent legal action over a minor coming together between myself and a young lady on a bicycle, I had to withhold my account of events at The Burton Bradstock Gay Fun Run earlier in the year.

The incident, in which I turned the wrong way onto a one way street, left her with a torn pair of britches and your correspondent with a scratch on his little pink Volswagen.

Thinking this was a situation best remedied with some Rotarian courtesy, I suggested she gave me the name of her tailor and I'd leave some money on account to effect the repairs.

This ploy appeared to have worked until a woman wearing a hi-viz tabbard emblazoned with the slogan "1 Less Car" entered the fray. Some whispered exchanges ensued and the next thing I knew was that the emergency services were being summoned.

Subsequently, two ambulances arrived and in no time paramedics in green jumpsuits were bustling all around catering for her every whim. Our plaintiff, hitherto in rude health, was now demanding gas and air and that she be put on a stretcher. Blue lights flashing, they departed the scene for the local infirmary where she spent a week being treated for
    shock.

I'm sure her shock paled into insignificance compared to the shock I experienced when, some months later, I entered the courtroom and there, among the silks on the prosecution bench, sat our "1 Less Car" activist.

I had the proverbial book thrown at me; a £1500 fine, 6 points on my licence and, owing to the level of compensation awarded, my insurance has now gone through the roof.

Smarting from this apparent injustice I consulted my Rotarian conections to see if they could dredge up some dirt on 1 Less Car.

Some time later, I got a call from Lt. Col. Ashton Wickett informing me that he had managed to "pull some strings" and put it about that 1 Less Car were procurring their Hi Viz jackets from a Bangladeshi sweatshop employing child slave labour.

Next thing I know, 1 Less Car is no more!
    A Great triumph for Rotarianism over this rather foetid little organisation.
    Last edited by gricerboy; 8 November 2011, 14:06.

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    (Or a response to a request from Mich)

Owing to recent legal action over a minor coming together between myself and a young lady on a bicycle, I had to withhold my account of events at The Burton Bradstock Gay Fun Run earlier in the year.
    Well at least the two of you managed to come together, but quite how you managed that on a bicycle will, I presume, be the subject of later posts.(?)
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Well at least the two of you managed to come together, but quite how you managed that on a bicycle will, I presume, be the subject of later posts.(?)
      Doesn't the fact that he went to court and got points on his licence and that his insurance premium has gone up suggest he was in a vet?

Comment

The use of hands I do not need
        To control my velocipede
        Last edited by gricerboy; 8 November 2011, 14:26.

Comment

All very amusing, and good to hear that you were helped out by your rotarian friends, but you haven't told us how you got on in the run. Or did you just go along for the 'gay fun'?

Comment

All very amusing, and good to hear that you were helped out by your rotarian friends, but you haven't told us how you got on in the run. Or did you just go along for the 'gay fun'?
            We were putting in a performance on the finishing line to encourage the runners over their final few hundred yards.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
              We were putting in a performance on the finishing line to encourage the runners over their final few hundred yards.
              Ah yes, I think I know this one from student rugby club days; the group moon.

Comment

Bet they never had a Gay Fun Run in Burton Bradstock before Billy Bragg moved in

Comment

Working...
                X