• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Mail Finally Admits Their "Winterval" Stories Are Lying Crap

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Mail Finally Admits Their "Winterval" Stories Are Lying Crap

It's that time of the year when the lying buffoons that pass for journalists at the Daily Mail try to convince us that the term "Christmas" has been banned due to "political correctness gone mad". They often claim that the toads beneath the harrow that are the God-fearing general public will be forced to use the term "Winterval" instead.

Of course this is all lies, like so much of what appears in the Mail; and for some reason, they have finally admitted it in todays "Clarifications and corrections" column:
    We stated in an article on 26 September that Christmas has been renamed in various places Winterval.

Winterval was the collective name for a season of public events, both religious and secular, which took place in Birmingham in 1997 and 1998.

We are happy to make clear that Winterval did not rename or replace Christmas.

One Daily Mail lie recanted - only a few hundred thousand more to go!

Festivus
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I'm shocked!

If you can't trust the Daily Mail, what can you trust?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I'm shocked!

If you can't trust the Daily Mail, what can you trust?

Daily Mail Watch
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

It is called Winterfest in Glasgow.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            Festivus
            "And at the Festivus dinner, you gather your family around, and tell them all the ways they have disappointed you over the past year!"

My Dad celebrates Festivus.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              "And at the Festivus dinner, you gather your family around, and tell them all the ways they have disappointed you over the past year!"

My Dad celebrates Festivus.

Festivus gives you cancer.
              You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Turns out the Mail's hand was forced by a complaint to the PCC. They wriggled a bit, but eventually gave in: Tabloid Watch: Mail admits 'Winterval did not rename or replace Christmas'

Comment

How much is Winterval's house worth? The Daily Express would tell us that it's set to rocket in value next year.

Comment

I'm hoping to see the headline

WINTERVAL BANNED IN PRO-RELIGIOUS SNUB
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X