PDA

View Full Version : AWR - pay between assignments

Technofobe
8th November 2011, 16:52
Hi everyone

I am looking at starting a short term contract of 6 weeks quite soon and have spoken to a couple of umbrella companies who have given me conflicting advice, unless, I have misunderstood them.

Please can anyone clarify that I will be entitled to 4 weeks pay between assignments if the agency does not find me any further work after this 6 weeks stint, OR, do I have to have been on a 12 week contract before I qualify? The contract will be a Swedish Derogation one.

I thought I would be entitled straight away, although I was advised that I have to have worked 12 weeks.

Thank you
Chris

LisaContractorUmbrella
9th November 2011, 07:38
Hi everyone

I am looking at starting a short term contract of 6 weeks quite soon and have spoken to a couple of umbrella companies who have given me conflicting advice, unless, I have misunderstood them.

Please can anyone clarify that I will be entitled to 4 weeks pay between assignments if the agency does not find me any further work after this 6 weeks stint, OR, do I have to have been on a 12 week contract before I qualify? The contract will be a Swedish Derogation one.

I thought I would be entitled straight away, although I was advised that I have to have worked 12 weeks.

Thank you
Chris

The Swedish Derogation contract is operated by the Umbrella Company and it means that you are employed by them under a permanent contract of employment; you will then work temporary assignments. In order for the SD contract to be compliant you must have entered into it before you begin your first assignment. The 4 weeks pay between assignments is the obligation of the umbrella company as your employer and it applies from day 1. The other rights that are conferred to you under the AWR in terms of working hours, rest breaks etc come into play after 12 weeks on assignment at the same location, whether under the same agency or not.

HTH

Technofobe
9th November 2011, 11:17
Thanks for clearing my misunderstanding up Lisa

LisaContractorUmbrella
9th November 2011, 11:49
Thanks for clearing my misunderstanding up Lisa

You're welcome :happy