• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moody's getting moody again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moody's getting moody again

Lloyds faces downgrade by Moody's on CEO Horta-Osorio's absence - Telegraph

Downgrade a company because the boss is on sick leave?

Come on guys, this is getting really rather silly.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Lloyds faces downgrade by Moody's on CEO Horta-Osorio's absence - Telegraph

Downgrade a company because the boss is on sick leave?

Come on guys, this is getting really rather silly.
    It's either that or all the mortgage defaults they are currently wearing.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      It's either that or all the mortgage defaults they are currently wearing.
      But weren't wearing before the boss started feeling ill?

Come on, if that's the reason then the timing makes it all look rather silly.

Comment

But weren't wearing before the boss started feeling ill?

Come on, if that's the reason then the timing makes it all look rather silly.
        They just issued a report. The timing is linked to that.

HTH

Comment

They posted huge losses and Horatio goes AWOL right in the middle of a Debt Crisis.

Comment

Bastards hey!

Just bought £2k worth.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
              They posted huge losses and Horatio goes AWOL right in the middle of a Debt Crisis.
              This is half the problem with the financial crisis; people using such terms to describe something that's actually quite normal in everyday business.

The chief executive is not Horatio, he has not 'gone AWOL' and maybe there is a debt crisis, but it's not the bloody battle of Trafalgar. It's a man who pushes a pen in an office who has reported sick at an inconvenient moment (as if being ill is evere convenient) and is not in the office while he recovers and has most probably delegated his responsibilities to subordinates for the mean time. Sense of proportion, please.

Comment

This is half the problem with the financial crisis; people using such terms to describe something that's actually quite normal in everyday business.

The chief executive is not Horatio, he has not 'gone AWOL' and maybe there is a debt crisis, but it's not the bloody battle of Trafalgar. It's a man who pushes a pen in an office who has reported sick at an inconvenient moment (as if being ill is evere convenient) and is not in the office while he recovers and has most probably delegated his responsibilities to subordinates for the mean time. Sense of proportion, please.
                The markets are twitchy and confused. They react wildly to sensationalist journalism.
                I quite agree, terms like "bazooka" are quite bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  The markets are twitchy and confused. They react wildly to sensationalist journalism.
                  I quite agree, terms like "bazooka" are quite bizarre.
                  Here's that opportunity you wanted Suity.

Trading range for Lloyds has moved down from 31 - 33 and is now in 27-29.

Buy now for a quick 10%.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Bastards hey!

Just bought £2k worth.
                    I went in with 24k yest... to try and smooth out the losses on the 36k I bought already (worth 18k) ... and the downward spiral continues. Retirement plans not looking great!

Comment

Working...
                    X