• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Website Footer/Required information

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website Footer/Required information

Good afternoon

I've created a small website for my LTD, bought domain, etc etc. I've dono some google searchs and apaprently the only information required is

Copyright, Company Name, Company Number and VAT Number.

Is this correct? Any input will be very much appreciated

Cheers

Originally posted by carlosLondon View Post
    Good afternoon

I've created a small website for my LTD, bought domain, etc etc. I've dono some google searchs and apaprently the only information required is

Copyright, Company Name, Company Number and VAT Number.

Is this correct? Any input will be very much appreciated

Cheers
    I suspect you might find some contact information useful...

Doesn't have to be in a footer, mine's in a separate page labelled "About".
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Company address (registered office)

Email address is required as well.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

The UK's E-Commerce Regulations

Minimum information to be provided
        Service providers, whether involved in e-commerce or not, should provide the following minimum information, which must be easily, directly and permanently accessible:
        • The name of the service provider must be given somewhere easily accessible on the site. This might differ from the trading name and any such difference should be explained – e.g. "XYZ.com is the trading name of XYZ Enterprises Limited."
        • The email address of the service provider must be given. It is not sufficient to include a 'contact us' form without also providing an email address.
        • The geographic address of the service provider must be given. A PO Box is unlikely to suffice as a geographic address; but a registered office address would. If the business is a company, the registered office address must be included in any event.
        • If a company, the company's registration number should also be given.
        • If the business is a member of a trade or professional association, membership details, including any registration number, should be provided.
        • If the business has a VAT number, it should be stated – even if the website is not being used for e-commerce transactions.
        • Prices on the website must be clear and unambiguous. Also, state whether prices are inclusive of tax and delivery costs.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Service providers, whether involved in e-commerce or not, should provide the following minimum information, which must be easily, directly and permanently accessible:
          • The name of the service provider must be given somewhere easily accessible on the site. This might differ from the trading name and any such difference should be explained – e.g. "XYZ.com is the trading name of XYZ Enterprises Limited."
          • The email address of the service provider must be given. It is not sufficient to include a 'contact us' form without also providing an email address.
          • The geographic address of the service provider must be given. A PO Box is unlikely to suffice as a geographic address; but a registered office address would. If the business is a company, the registered office address must be included in any event.
          • If the business is a member of a trade or professional association, membership details, including any registration number, should be provided.
          • If the business has a VAT number, it should be stated – even if the website is not being used for e-commerce transactions.
          • Prices on the website must be clear and unambiguous. Also, state whether prices are inclusive of tax and delivery costs.
          Bugger. Forgot about the VAT number...
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            Bugger. Forgot about the VAT number...
            Not really for me to say but....

Last edited by northernladuk; 9 November 2011, 13:33.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Not really for me to say but....

Not a problem though. Never get anyone visiting the site anyway!
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Thanks a lot. So all this inforamtion hasn't got to be in the footer/all the pages, an About us page will suffice?

About the geographical address...interesting...I'm paying my accountants to use their address, so I guess I will have to use that one...I will check with them first.

Thanks for your help

C

Comment

Thanks a lot. So all this inforamtion hasn't got to be in the footer/all the pages, an About us page will suffice?
                  Have a look at some major UK retailers websites for example amazon.co.uk, tescos, sainsburys.

About the geographical address...interesting...I'm paying my accountants to use their address, so I guess I will have to use that one...I will check with them first.
                  No need to check you are allowed to put it on there.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                  X