• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Office Walks - Whats your style?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Office Walks - Whats your style?

There is a chap in our office who whenever he gets up from his desk strides very fast and boldly everywhere he goes. To the photocopier! To the coffee machine. To the toilet. He strides with so much purpose he looks like he's a man on a mission, striding with a purpose. Causes a draft everytime he walks, really annoys me when he walks past my desk.

Another trails his left hand, waving in the air like Quentin Crisp trying to flag down a taxi.

Another one moves silently, almost on tiptoe, along the side of the walls, looking around furtively like a cat burglar.

I tend to mooch. Hands in pocket, un-interested and walking with the purpose of a man on the way to the gallows.

Got me thinking. What other styles are there?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I walk on the petals dropped by two nubile young 'assistants' as I survey my domain. My team understand that direct eye contact would be disrespectful.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Got me thinking. What other styles are there?
      Sometimes I walk with the hurried cheek clenching shuffle of a man who has left it a bit too long to visit the bathroom. Other times it's the slow stumble of a man engaged in frantic texting.

Today I am mostly walking the amble of a man who is in his shorts and needs another cup of tea.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Like a fat bloke who has heard there is cake!

When I say like I mean "I am"
        Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Imagine having a 18 inch thick sausage in your pants, now imagine walking... that's how I roll.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
            Imagine having a 18 inch thick sausage in your pants, now imagine walking... that's how I roll.
            Pork or beef?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Pork or beef?
              Herta. No real meat in it and only a fat woman would go near it.

Comment

Pork or beef?
                Beef

Comment

Nothing like mixing you metaphors
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

18" thick is a big fat fooker!
                    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Working...
                    X