• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In house Costa Coffee + 45P a go = Sleepless Nights...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In house Costa Coffee + 45P a go = Sleepless Nights...

Just started at new ClientCo which has an in house Costa coffee, and it's 45p for an Americano.... 45p!! It's nearly £2.00 at my local one in sunny Wigan. Needless to say, I'm never in the office, just loitering around Costa all day.

For the last 2 weeks, I've not been able to sleep properly though and it's starting to make a bit of sense...

Makes a change from the last place that didn't even have a tea spoon to make a brew yourself!

Anyone else lucky enough to have such luxury....

ClientCo has proper serious bean to cup machines, free to use. I have seen the same machines in some cafes who charge £2 a cup.

Not quite as good as Costa/Starbucks etc but very close.
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Bean to cup espresso machine for free.
      Waaaaaaaayyyyyyy too much coffee for me!!
      Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
        Just started at new ClientCo which has an in house Costa coffee, and it's 45p for an Americano.... 45p!! It's nearly £2.00 at my local one in sunny Wigan. Needless to say, I'm never in the office, just loitering around Costa all day.
        Oh the joys of Bank of America / MBNA. Really should aim to head back there over the next year or so.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Oh the joys of Bank of America / MBNA. Really should aim to head back there over the next year or so.

Haha, good guess!

Right, off to the onsite gym, then badminton tomorrow and a Circuits class on Friday. It's a hard life here .....

Comment

Made freinds with a few permies who are giving me some of their 50% off vouchers (luxury clothing brand).

Not bad.

Comment

I'm not. Got a water boiler and my own teabags.

Factories (that I end up in) are crap.

Comment

During gigs at Goldmine Sucks and UBS they both had free coffee. Not sure if they still do it or not.

Comment

For the last 2 weeks, I've not been able to sleep properly though and it's starting to make a bit of sense...

Makes a change from the last place that didn't even have a tea spoon to make a brew yourself!

While you've been lying awake at night have you done the calculation of how much you earn in the time it takes you to go an buy a coffee?

Comment

Past client had cinema tickets for £4, basically half price in London.

Another had £1.50 full english breakfast in the subsidised canteen.
                    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                    X