• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheese

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheese

Now, I'm not a big fan of French cheese (or wine, to be honest) I think their overhyped and that there are much better alternatives on the market, often for less or equivalent money.

However, Mrs. W. bought one of these home last night and it's sensational!!

It stinks to high heaven but my goodness, the taste is well worth it.

Oh, and it spreads on crackers straight from the fridge.

<Python>It's a little runnier than you'd like, Sir.</Python>
    The vegetarian option.

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Now, I'm not a big fan of French cheese (or wine, to be honest) I think their overhyped and that there are much better alternatives on the market, often for less or equivalent money.

mmmmmmmmm Epoisse!

Get thee to a deli sir and start exploring the opportunities out there.

If you like Epoisse, then try ami de chambertin.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Smell my cheese..

The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        mmmmmmmmm Epoisse!

WSS.

Stinking Bishop is quite nice too.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          mmmmmmmmm Epoisse!

Just Googled it
          It is an Epoisse-type gourmet cheese and has a moist, orange rind washed with Marc de Bourgogne (a type of brandy). The paste is ivory colored and it ripens from the outside in. A melting pate, strong and rather sharp in flavour yet rich and buttery on the finish.
          Sounds excellent, thanks for the heads-up.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Tomme de Savoie is a favourite.
            Bought a whole one, 18cm across, back from a school exhcange when I was 13!! .

My suitcase stank but was worth it.

Now I occasionally visit the cheese shop near the Thameslink Station at Ludgate Circus for something a little different.
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

So she curtailed her Walpoling activities and sallied forth to their place of purveyance to negotiate the vending of some cheesy comestibles then?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                So she curtailed her Walpoling activities and sallied forth to their place of purveyance to negotiate the vending of some cheesy comestibles then?

gricer

is that you
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I like the taste of epoisse but it makes me heave; just can't keep it inside. Although this may be to do with it arriving at the end of a meal after a bottle of white, a bottle of red, a small bottle of dessert wine and a glass of port.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    I like the taste of epoisse but it makes me heave; just can't keep it inside. Although this may be to do with it arriving at the end of a meal after a bottle of white, a bottle of red, a small bottle of dessert wine and a glass of port.
                    Ah yes, the gastronome's equivalent of blaming a bad kebab on the way home from the pub.

Comment

Working...
                    X