• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life's Too Short on TV last night - hilarious !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life's Too Short on TV last night - hilarious !

I think Ricky Gervais is ok and he doesn't funny stuff sometimes but this was great !

Warick Davis was excellent, it got a bit dark when Liam Neeson came in that might get complaints though.

Warick Davis looks to be a great guy can really take the mickey out himself, the sort out guy you'd like have a laugh with down the pub over a pint (or half a pint !).

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
    I think Ricky Gervais is ok and he doesn't funny stuff sometimes but this was great !

Warick Davis was excellent, it got a bit dark when Liam Neeson came in that might get complaints though.

Warick Davis looks to be a great guy can really take the mickey out himself, the sort out guy you'd like have a laugh with down the pub over a pint (or half a pint !).
    Ziggy says you must try harder

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
      it got a bit dark when Liam Neeson came in
      That was the point
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Caught the last 5 mins and it looked just like any other show featuring Gervais, where he basically plays himself.

I don't think he's changed or improved since his days on The 11 O'Clock Show, which I only really watched for the lovely Daisy Donovan.

I'm pretty sure she was the one that Thaila Zucchi has based herself on when appearing in similar satirical shows. They both come across as if they'd be up for absolutely anything.

As for Gervais, almost wish he'd got kicked off the TV for his use of the word 'mong' recently.

Him and Frankie Boyle seem to be competing for the most obnoxious comedian, which is getting a bit .
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Didn't see it but the missus recorded it. Some articles in the usual papers about stereotyping dwarfs but realistically how could they play many other roles? Think even "stereotyping", when there is not actually anything adverse in the stereotype, is positive. That bloke in Game of Thrones was brill.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            That bloke in Game of Thrones was brill.
            Yep. One of the best characters in the show.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              Yep. One of the best characters in the show.
              Oh yes, that was actor Peter Dinklage, small but a stunningly good actor in Game of Thrones, also see him in movie (where he is the lead) 'The Station Agent' ... a powerful drama indie film.

and God do I love Game of Thrones .. its a 5/5 tv series ... is the BBC too chicken to pick it up due to the violence and sex ?

Comment

Peter Kay also has an obsession with dwarves, feels a bit wrong to me.

Comment

Heh, liked it. Like an English take on Curb.

Was it me, or was everyone pretending to BE Gervais? The improv, it was like 3 of him in a room at the same time!
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Peter Kay also has an obsession with dwarves, feels a bit wrong to me.
                    I once went out with a dwarf girl. We made a funny couple but in the bedroom what an ego boost.

One and a half hands. Brilliant.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X