• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

fecking dentists !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fecking dentists !

I hate them !

I always book my appointments for 9am
    At my last checkup, I was told that I needed a filling - not that its giving me any grief, and it didn't show up on the last xray (at previous checkup), but "I can see a slight 'shadow' so lets get that done before it gets any worse !"
    wtf is a 'shadow' ? I swear they make up work as you have no way of knowing if its real or not This work btw is filling a tooth that has already been filled twice !! Sounds like billy b/s to me !

So, I go down to reception to pay for my checkup and book my filling:
    JD: "It has to be either a first thing or last thing appointment as I have work commitments"
    Receptionist: "9:40 OK for you ?"
    JD: "No, 9am please, or last thing - I have work commitments"
    Receptionist: "Hmmm, the dentist does not like doing treatment either first thing or last thing - they like to be on their best for treatment" (I kid you not, thats what she said)
    .... bit more hmmmm'ing and mouse clicking from receptionist ....
    Receptionist: "How about 9:20 - its the best I can do"
    JD: "OK then, but I'd rather 9am. If thats the best you can do ..."

So, I take the 9:20 appointment. On getting home I look at the appointment card to find that I have 2 appointments - 9:20 for the injection, 9:40 for the work ! ffs

I am a private patient, so pay top dollar. My mum goes to the same dentist. Spoke to her in the week and she said she had just been for a checkup and has to go back for some work. She has a 9am appointment !!! She is a Denplan patient.

Just phoned up and cancelled my 9:20/9:40 appointments, and told the receptionist that I want a 9am or last thing appointment.
    Got exactly the same b/s about dentists not doing any treatment first or last thing. I explained I have work commitments and a 9:20/9:40 appointment would not get me into work till at least 10:30 - not good enough. Also said "Dont the injections work faster these days ? I've had previous fillings where they inject then start drilling 2 minutes later. Whats with the 20 minutes wait ?"
    Was told that all treatment is different, and if the dentist has said I need a 20 minute wait for the injection to take effect thats what I have to do !"

My dentist's opening hours are 8:30 am till 6:30 pm. WTF can I not have a 9am (or earlier) or 5:30 appointment ?

Told the receptionist that my mum has an appointment for treatment at 9am - receptionist could not explain it !

In the end, cancelled the treatment altogether and just booked for next checkup (for 9am). Will talk to the dentist about it then: "Lets just remind ourselves who the customer is here, and who is paying your wages"

As a final point of interest, my dentist drives a convertible Merc, her hubby drives a Porshce - both on 55 plates. Hmmmm, wonder who paid for those then ?

Don't you feel you did the wrong degree sometimes?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      Don't you feel you did the wrong degree sometimes?
      Don't think many people would fancy staring down people's throats all day though. Perhaps the drilling part might appeal to the odd sadist type though.

Thing being a plastic surgeon, gynacologist is more appealing...perhaps even combining the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
        Don't think many people would fancy staring down people's throats all day though.
        Should've been a proctologist then
        Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

My dentist here in Germany always asks if I want an injection and for fillings I always say no, 'cos I is 'ard! Seriously though, I had an injection the first time I went for a filling and she was off and working after about 5 minutes. For a tooth out she had to give me 3 injections, 'cos I isn't that 'ard! And I always get my apponitments when I want them, early morning, 7:30 anyone, or evening 18:30.
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I go to the dentist, regularly, every 15 years.

My next appointment is in 2009.

Never had a tooth ache, or needed a filling since. When I used to go regularly AND frequently, I needed "treatment" constantly and it cost a small fortune.

HTH

Comment

Dentists arnt organised

I think dentists should play relaxing music and tell jokes whilst they are drilling out your teeth , just to keep your mind off it. Maybe the assistant whos always fit could dress a bit more sparsely

Comment

Naked, all female dentist practices would tempt me back.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                  Naked, all female dentist practices would tempt me back.
                  not if you saw my dentist !

Comment

Years ago a hairsalon/hairstylists near me organised an event to raise money for charity where they all went topless and provided glasses of wine one evening. Sadly I didn't know about until reading it in the paper the next day.

A place I went to get my hair cut in London for many years used to also have some very fit girls in skimpy things leaning across you, which, hmm...was nice.

Comment

Working...
                    X