• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Here comes the forced 2 mins silence BS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here comes the forced 2 mins silence BS

I wonder how many 'the bobs were talking all the way through it' replies this thread gets.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I wonder how many 'the bobs were talking all the way through it' replies this thread gets.
      So German bint talking on her phone all the way through.

Comment

Could hear a pin drop here.

Tannoy comes on and tells everyone to be silent. Couldn't even type it was so quiet.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It was silent my office at home, I tuned into bbc news for the silence...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Tannoy comes on and tells everyone to be silent. Couldn't even type it was so quiet.
            This exactly.

Comment

In a very multi-cultural office.

The last couple of years had a lot of people talking away on the phone.

This time around, absolute silence for the whole two minutes, which considering the large size of the open plan office with hundreds of people, was pretty amazing.

A South African chap behind me (ex military) stood up which was rather moving.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Tannoy comes on and tells everyone to be silent. Couldn't even post on CUK it was so quiet.
                ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Not a peep out of anyone here. No conversation, even those on conference calls went silient.

Everyone stopped doing what they were doing and respected the 2 minutes silence.

I wonder if the OP managed to disrespect the silence to prove a point?

For out tomorrows they gave their todays.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
                    Not a peep out of anyone here. No conversation, even those on conference calls went silient.

Everyone stopped doing what they were doing and respected the 2 minutes silence.

I wonder if the OP managed to disrespect the silence to prove a point?

For out tomorrows they gave their todays.
                    No I observed the silence, I would prefer to do it in my own time than forced into it during my working day.

Comment

Working...
                    X