• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

losing my job to a bob

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

losing my job to a bob

Seems to be happening all the time nowadays.
    Last edited by NervousRexx; 13 November 2011, 09:28.

KUATB

been happening since last millenia.

Firm I know has just outsourced on of its global ERP support to car making Bobs. Apparently its taking 3 weeks to get an ftp printer set up (not due to workload but expertise )

sorry to hear, move up the value chain!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      KUATB

been happening since last millenia.

Firm I know has just outsourced on of its global ERP support to car making Bobs. Apparently its taking 3 weeks to get an ftp printer set up (not due to workload but expertise )

sorry to hear, move up the value chain!
      Yes indeed. Through luck and chance my market is bob-free (i.e. an understanding of western business and very complex processes).

Current client has outsourced IT infrastructure to India and the service is shocking (according to the perms - not my area to comment on). Soon to be brought back into safe hands (people who can do their jobs).
      Last edited by NervousRexx; 13 November 2011, 15:44. Reason: Grammar and spelling

Comment

Originally posted by NervousRexx View Post
        To offer you your own advice.

You'll get over it. Try flipping burgers or frying chicken.

Comment

You need to be better at your job.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Yes indeed. Through luck and chance my market is bob-free (i.e. an understanding of western business and very complex processes).

Current client has outsourced IT infrastructure to India and the service is shocking (according to the perms - not my area to comment on). Soon to be brought back into safe hands (people who can do their jobs).
            No market is "Bob-free" as you put it and there is no European or Western birthright to understanding complex processes.

The service will be shocking due to the service provider not giving enough resource to you, I've seen it happen with a lot of UK based IT service companies. It has nothing to do with the fact it's based in India.

As a contractor you can never sit back and expect your market sector to remain uncompetitive. Unless you are willing to keep learning and training and staying at the leading edge then you will be beaten by the smarter and the cheaper.

Your posts smack of an attitude of someone who thinks they are owed a good living for simply being born and educated in this country. Stop whining about the competition and concentrate on being better (although I do feel that you might struggle to keep up)

EDIT: Having read the rest of your weekend posts; Ignore all that and FOAD
            Last edited by Spacecadet; 13 November 2011, 17:34.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              No market is "Bob-free" as you put it and there is no European or Western birthright to understanding complex processes.

The service will be shocking due to the service provider not giving enough resource to you, I've seen it happen with a lot of UK based IT service companies. It has nothing to do with the fact it's based in India.

As a contractor you can never sit back and expect your market sector to remain uncompetitive. Unless you are willing to keep learning and training and staying at the leading edge then you will be beaten by the smarter and the cheaper.

Your posts smack of an attitude of someone who thinks they are owed a good living for simply being born and educated in this country. Stop whining about the competition and concentrate

on being better (although I do feel that you might struggle to keep up)
              Read thread again. Indian's don't understand western business ways. Give me a bob who can do my job and talk to people and implement solutions.......unlikely.
              Ms. KP needs a beer - going to the local - argue between yourselves.
              See you tomorrow (with a new alias).

Comment

owed a good living for simply being born and educated in this country
                On the other hand, should we not, like very other culture, be sticking up for our own? Maybe people should reap some of the rewards of their own heritage, it is what our ancestors would have wanted.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Give me a bob who can do my job and talk to people and implement solutions.......unlikely.
                  Unlikely? I could probably find 1,210,193,422 of them
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    On the other hand, should we not, like very other culture, be sticking up for our own? Maybe people should reap some of the rewards of their own heritage, it is what our ancestors would have wanted.
                    Should we not aspire to be better than that?
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X