• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WIPRO

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WIPRO

Working in a bank.

New project just in for a 32,000 customer merge project, will take approx 10 contractors a good 6 months to complete.

I asked the manager involved if he would be advertising the position on Jobserve as I have a couple of mates looking for work.

This is a bank proped up by the tax payer.

"Oh no we can have 10 Wipro guys in here within 10 working days from Chennai, the visas are fast tracked intra company and already pre-approved."

WTF??!!!
    Tyrell: "More human than human" is our motto.

Shame you can't tell that to a some well know news sources.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Sadly, more and more greedy corporates are indulging in such malpractices to increase profits. In the US Obama has introduced tough laws against such activities where as in UK the politicians do not have the balls to tackle this problem. Every politician wants to pander to the banks etc in the hope that they get some seat on the board at a later time.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

ICT Abuse

Don't know if this is of use.

Comment

Originally posted by dspsyssts View Post
          Working in a bank.

New project just in for a 32,000 customer merge project, will take approx 10 contractors a good 6 months to complete.

I asked the manager involved if he would be advertising the position on Jobserve as I have a couple of mates looking for work.

This is a bank proped up by the tax payer.

"Oh no we can have 10 Wipro guys in here within 10 working days from Chennai, the visas are fast tracked intra company and already pre-approved."

WTF??!!!
          And you are surprised that this practice is taking place?

WTF??!!!
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

I worked on a joint project with WIPRO, we completed a large server application that was meant to jointly work with their large server application which I don't think they ever started coding by the time their budget was finished. Whole thing got tulip canned becasue of them.

Comment

I once wrote to my local (Conservative) MP about a similar deal with Cap Gemini and a government contract and got nowhere.

There was once a BBC 5Live documentary about it.

I have worked with Wipro before and have never met such an unjustifiably arrogant group in my life.

Comment

Look on the bright side - in 9 months, there will be a shed load of work for competent IT professionals to go in
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Look on the bright side - in 9 months, there will be a shed load of work for competent IT professionals to go in
                  Damn right!

If you want an example of the "plenty cheapness" approach to a project, have a look at the following message just posted on the Oracle Coherence forums:

I'm getting this error after I put the many data using command pattern(Coherence Incubator ).
                  May I teach and have the following error correspondence measure?
                  Moreover, may not I teach why the following error occurs and may have?

Simple RTFM would have solved that problem before it even started. Real basic stuff, TBH. But hey, these guys are cheap!
                  nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                    Damn right!

If you want an example of the "plenty cheapness" approach to a project, have a look at the following message just posted on the Oracle Coherence forums:

I'm getting this error after I put the many data using command pattern(Coherence Incubator ).
                    May I teach and have the following error correspondence measure?
                    Moreover, may not I teach why the following error occurs and may have?

Simple RTFM would have solved that problem before it even started. Real basic stuff, TBH. But hey, these guys are cheap!
                    I get emails like that all the time - if they posted the question in the forum on my website, I'd answer it. Via email, I won't.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X