• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Osbourne and Gordo agree on something

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Osbourne and Gordo agree on something

George Osborne spells out France’s problems - Telegraph

The Chancellor compared France to Italy, Greece and Portugal, which have already been hit by the financial turmoil, and warned that it was having to make tough decisions about public spending.

Mr Osborne disclosed that his European counterparts were “terrified” by their debt situation but insisted that Britain was in a relatively strong position as plans to cut Government spending were already well advanced.

Last week, French debt prices rose sharply and Gordon Brown, the former prime minister, warned that the country risked being “picked off” in the coming weeks.
    This might get a bit ugly
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

This might get a bit ugly
    ...especially if the likes of Osborne keep stoking the fires.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

At the moment the focus seems to be on Greece, Italy, France, Spain, Portugal and Ireland. With changing priority.

Ultimately the other 11 EURO countries are going to have to leave and form a new block leaving those 6 with the EURO.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        At the moment the focus seems to be on Greece, Italy, France, Spain, Portugal and Ireland. With changing priority.

Ultimately the other 11 EURO countries are going to have to leave and form a new block leaving those 6 with the EURO.
        Are you 'Brillopad1' on the telegraph?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Are you 'Brillopad1' on the telegraph?
          No. I am not signed up atall. I can't see telegraph comments are clientco and I can't be bothered to read the right wing drivel comments at weekends.

Comment

No. I am not signed up atall. I can't see telegraph comments are clientco and I can't be bothered to read the right wing drivel comments at weekends.
            Shame; I'd have given +ve rep (for what it's worth) for getting a chutney spoon or Andyw comment published.

Comment

Mash on top of the issues again.

Comment

So which particular doctrine spouted off by the Telegraph is so at odds with your position as a highly paid IT contractor?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Didn't a ratings agency accidentaly downgrade France last week before hurriedly reversing the decision?

Ever feel like the whole debacle is just being played out?
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

All very distracting, but when is it the UK's turn? Unemployment figures out soon, deficit and debt won't be cut, can't be long now.

Comment

Working...
                    X