• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bob's yer Auntie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob's yer Auntie

My Transsexual Summer - Channel 4

How grateful one is to be a run of the mill type GAL.

The programme about the kid with 8 limbs was pretty freaky.

Especially since the buttocks of the twin sticking out of his abdomen had a pair of testicles.

Looked most odd.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 8 May 2017, 14:35.

when i see these kinds off programes advertised (and not just this one, there are programes about all sorts of people)

I often think that years ago they would have ended up in the circus, now they end up on Channel four

I have nothing against anyone but i do feel that some of these channels sensationalizes peoples afflictions for the sake of entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
      I have nothing against anyone but i do feel that some of these channels sensationalizes peoples afflictions for the sake of entertainment
      Some of these channels?
      It only ever seems to be Channel 4 and BBC3 who seem to have an obsession with anything regarded as abnormal, whilst at the same time reminding the viewer how bad it would have been in the past when these people would have ended up in a freak show.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        Some of these channels?
        It only ever seems to be Channel 4 and BBC3 who seem to have an obsession with anything regarded as abnormal, whilst at the same time reminding the viewer how bad it would have been in the past when these people would have ended up in a freak show.
        I oftens remark to my wife when i see these adverts that these programes are the modern day Freak show and their only doing what the circus would have done years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
          I oftens remark to my wife when i see these adverts that these programes are the modern day Freak show and their only doing what the circus would have done years ago
          I guess it all depends on how the people are portrayed and what angle the "documentary" takes. You can see the difference in different TV shows. In some of them they're obviously taking the p1ss out of people, others are shown for pure entertainment....I watched this one "My transexual summer" cause I had nothing to watch and I must say it was very nice, not focusing on anything "freaky", just focusing on what these people were going through.

Let's see the next episode...

Comment

Working...
          X