• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Employee of the week parking spots.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employee of the week parking spots.

We have two of them. Even in the very unlikely event I won it, I would not be parking in it.

Anyone else got anything similar?

Get in early and park right in the middle of them.

"Carpe diem", or in this case "Carpe carpark".
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      We have two of them. Even in the very unlikely event I won it, I would not be parking in it.

British Gas used this for their call centre staff. Most sales type of thing. I liked to park my M3 in them and wait for the tannoy announcement ...

Comment

Car Parking

When I was a permie, the company I worked for had this.

Was a little like school in that it went to someone who needed encouragement or perhaps did 1 good deed in a year.

Yes, I am bitter as I had to pay and park 15 mins walk away.

Comment

Can you leave your bike there if you cycle?

Comment

Even in the very unlikely event I won it, I would not be parking in it.
            Why not? Because you're better than them? Because you're a contractor, not a permie? Face facts Wilmslow, you are a permie, this is exactly for people like you. You're not better than them, you are one of them. Stop trying to pretend you're a high roller just because you used to contract a few years ago and park in the damn employee spaces, assuming you're able to win employee of the month, which as you say is unlikely.

Comment

You're havin' a laff.
              Is he havin' a laff?
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Set your sights a little low. Could you try to get promoted to milk monitor first?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Set your sights a little low. Could you try to get promoted to milk monitor first?
                  I do that job very well.

We have little fridges that people put small bottles of milk in. Does not bother me until Friday lunch when I get a sandwich at lunchtime for later in the day and need to use a fridge to keep it cool.

The amount of out of date milk cartons I chuck to make room us unbelievable....

Comment

My last permie job had them for the sales people - sponsored by the vendors "The Epson Employee of the Month", "The Canon Employee of the Month" etc.

One of the contractors parked in one one day and got a bollocking from senior management about it.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X