• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Status ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Status ...

Am I the only one who isn't interested in status?
    Don't care what car I drive (except for excitement sake), my laptop is 4 years old, my TV and stereo are 7 years old, my clothes are bought in bulk from Gap (as all their sizes fit me) etc etc?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

I agree, as long as I'm number one, I don't give a tulip about your low status.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      Am I the only one who isn't interested in status?
      Don't care what car I drive (except for excitement sake), my laptop is 4 years old, my TV and stereo are 7 years old, my clothes are bought in bulk from Gap (as all their sizes fit me) etc etc?
      You just have no meaning in your life. You are nothing but an apathetic vegetable now. It's time you accept that.
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

How can you be no.1 when I ate your relatives yesterday?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
          You just have no meaning in your life. You are nothing but an apathetic vegetable now. It's time you accept that.
          Hmmm. I detect irritation caused by nicotine withdrawal. Pop out and have a cigarette, there's a good chap. And later this evening you can go to the gym and lift weights while staring at yourself in the mirror.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

"I don't call it anything,"
            Said Frankie Lee with a smile.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

We got a new car in March. I managed to bump a bollard in the car park a couple of weeks ago, going at about zero mph, and actually cracked the stupid plastic bumper thing. I was thinking, oh good, it's not a new car any more, it's got a crack in the stupid plastic bumper thing, now we can get on with our lives. But my missus went mad! "Oh my God! What happened?!? We have to get that fixed, like, now."

So, yeah, I guess some people worry about that sort of thing more than others. Couldn't give a flying toss about status myself.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                "I don't call it anything,"
                Said Frankie Lee with a smile.
                Know the song. But please explain?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Hmmm. I detect irritation caused by nicotine withdrawal. Pop out and have a cigarette, there's a good chap. And later this evening you can go to the gym and lift weights while staring at yourself in the mirror.
                  No, no, I'd rather be a healthy vegetable like yourself sitting at home with windows 95 on his computer and a modem connection, and a black&white TV watchin Blair on BBC news over and over, driving home with his rusted austin maestro in grey holed and worn-out clothes.

ffs... do something now... invite Janey to your home... she might like geeky Milhouse types, who knows?
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Know the song. But please explain?
                    Well, the moral of the story,
                    The moral of this song,
                    Is simply that one should never be
                    Where one does not belong.
                    So when you see your neighbor carryin' somethin',
                    Help him with his load,
                    And don't go mistaking Paradise
                    For that home across the road.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X