• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Take Home Pay of 85%+

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take Home Pay of 85%+

Good Afternoon All,

I am currently a contractor for an IT Company and through an umbrella company I am receiving an income at around 63% only.

Recently a few companies I have come across that state a minimum of 84% take home rate and its completely legit.

I am relatively new to contracting, so any advise/recommendation on which companies are in the safe zone and can guarantee a take home rate of 85%+ would be really useful.

Thank You

Originally posted by mobad View Post
    I am relatively new to contracting....
    ...and using the search function - this has been asked a dozen times, prepare to get piled on when the big boys arrive here!

Comment

Do you want to tell him or shall I

Comment

85?! You'd be mad not to take it. Right? RIGHT?!

Comment

Ok I have done some reading and seems very risky but is 63% not a low take home percentage especially when I put down around £250 worth of expenses per week?

Comment

Ok I have done some reading and seems very risky but is 63% not a low take home percentage especially when I put down around £250 worth of expenses per week?
            It depends what your income is, what the expenses are and how you're withdrawing the money.

We'd need more information in order to make a judgement or recommendations.
            ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
              It depends what your income is, what the expenses are and how you're withdrawing the money.
              Surely there aren't many options when going through an umbrella?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Maybe the OP's applys his complete lack of attention to his finances as he does to where he posts.

You have posted this in the Business/Contracts section..

It should be in Accounting/Legal... which, if you had tried to post it there, has a sub section dedicated to... <drumroll> Umbrella companies.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Not that shabby. 60%-65% for a brolly is about par for the course, 70%-75% for a Ltd. I'd say (a) you're on the average and (b) you're following the rules.

So stop whining. Or go Limited.

HTH
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

You have been using a brolly since 2007?????

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...ing-costs.html
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X