• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why are our CUK expatriates of such low quality?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are our CUK expatriates of such low quality?

Patently lacking basic literacy and numeracy skills, generally poorly educated, certainly not in the top 20%, I can see why they they need to seek work abroad.
    But it seems that if people of such poor quality need to be employed by the host country, that host country must be doomed in the long run.
    Maybe the best companies in any country will hire the best talent and the mediocrites will work for the second and third tiers?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

shuttit. u don No wot ur onna bowt innit....
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

They're caught in the intellectual wasteland between unemployment and the middle class employee that has limited ability, spending his life running on a career treadmill as fast as they can but never really going anywhere. By becoming expats, it at least gives them the delusion of some sort of achievement because they are now somehow different to their intellectual compatriots back home.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Patently lacking basic literacy and numeracy skills, generally poorly educated, certainly not in the top 20%, I can see why they they need to seek work abroad.
        But it seems that if people of such poor quality need to be employed by the host country, that host country must be doomed in the long run.
        Maybe the best companies in any country will hire the best talent and the mediocrites will work for the second and third tiers?
        Are you taking about the expats from other countries who come and work here or the UK expats elsewhere?
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Yay! Another one of these threads. How exciting as we haven't had one of these for absolutely ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Yay! Another one of these threads. How exciting as we haven't had one of these for absolutely ages.
            are you an expat today or WFH?
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Oi! There is no call for that.
              Let me give you a choice, the choice I had. All similar job specs.
              34 quid an hour in Portsmouth.
              35 quid an hour in Derby.
              37 quid an hour in Warwick.
              47 quid an hour on Lake Constance.

I live in Cumbria and have to travel.

** You might want to run a spell checker over that before you have a pop at literacy!
              Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                It makes you long for a lovers spat between AtW and Sas or SB and Sas. Or some more global warming links.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                  ** You might want to run a spell checker over that before you have a pop at literacy!
                  I think people of intelligence can distinguish between typos and literacy
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    are you an expat today or WFH?

Expat til Thurs. Although this is nowhere near as common as it used to be. (thank feck)

Comment

Working...
                    X