• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

China Crises ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

China Crises ...

IMF says Chinese banks face risks, urges quick action

The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has warned that China's financial system "faces a steady build up in vulnerabilities".

In a review, publicly released on Tuesday, the IMF said that banks were robust enough to withstand isolated shocks.

But not, it said, combined exposure to credit, property and currency risks.

The IMF has urged reforms, including allowing banks to rely more on market mechanisms such as interest rates.

"China's banks and financial sector are healthy, but there are vulnerabilities that should be addressed by the authorities," said Jonathan Fiechter, the head of the IMF team that conducted the review.

The IMF has recommended the Chinese government play less of a role in the banking system, and allow lending decisions to be based on commercial goals.

I love China Crisis!!!!!

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yeah me too - and lets not forget Japan - anything for a Quiet Life

Boys, now the times are changing
      The going could get rough
      Boys,
      ...would that ever cross your mind?
      Boys,
      ... are you contemplating moving out somewhere?
      Boys,

...will you ever find the time?
      Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 15 November 2011, 15:38.

Comment

The IMF has urged reforms, including allowing banks to rely more on market mechanisms such as interest rates.

"China's banks and financial sector are healthy, but there are vulnerabilities that should be addressed by the authorities," said Jonathan Fiechter, the head of the IMF team that conducted the review.

The IMF has recommended the Chinese government play less of a role in the banking system, and allow lending decisions to be based on commercial goals.

The current system has encouraged over-investment and fuelled asset bubbles, said the IMF.

"While the existing structure fosters high savings and high levels of liquidity, it also creates the risk of capital misallocation and formation of bubbles, especially in real estate," said Mr Fiechter.
        Because that doesn't happen when banks rely on market mechanisms does it?

Dear IMF dude, are you high?
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Today China - tomorrow Der World

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            I love China Crisis!!!!!

I snogged Gary Daly in 1983.

Comment

Round about the same time I was dating a David Sylvian lookalike.

Comment

Working...
              X