PDA

View Full Version : Anyone recommend a robot vacumn cleaner ?

sbakoola
15th November 2011, 20:50
Anyone recommend a robot vacumn cleaner ?

its for a London flat. I just cannot be bothered to get the Dyson out no more to pick up all the 'bits' of fluff from socks etc.

There are different models and I dunno what the difference is, I know they're meant to dock and power up automatically but what is your experience of them ?

d000hg
15th November 2011, 20:54
Get a cleaner for an hour a week.

TheFaQQer
15th November 2011, 21:07
Roomba

BigTime
15th November 2011, 21:08

its for a London flat. I just cannot be bothered to get the Dyson out no more to pick up all the 'bits' of fluff from socks etc.

There are different models and I dunno what the difference is, I know they're meant to dock and power up automatically but what is your experience of them ?

i know a happy roomba owner. if you use it in your home office and it happens to stray into the rest of the bedsit, you can probably expense it

TheFaQQer
15th November 2011, 21:15
If you get a Roomba, then you can hack it so that it tweets and lets you know what it's up to :)

Linky (http://www.instructables.com/id/Web-controlled-Twittering-Roomba/)

northernladuk
15th November 2011, 21:24
If you get a Roomba, then you can hack it so that it tweets and lets you know what it's up to :)

Linky (http://www.instructables.com/id/Web-controlled-Twittering-Roomba/)

LOL thats an assumption and a half...

For the purpose of this Instructable, I am going to be assuming that you have a basic knowledge of basic electronics, the Arduino and the Arduino's programming language.

DimPrawn
15th November 2011, 21:44
Naked Cleaners Naked Cleaner - NakedCleaners.co.uk (http://www.nakedcleaners.co.uk/)

chef
16th November 2011, 07:36
+1 for Roomba

Unfortunately it scares the shit out of the cats so gf chef decided a cleaner was the better option

doodab
16th November 2011, 07:52
Naked Cleaners Naked Cleaner - NakedCleaners.co.uk (http://www.nakedcleaners.co.uk/)

Can you sit on the sofa and knock one out while they hoover under your feet? Will they will mop it up?

Do you think they polish everything?

mudskipper
16th November 2011, 07:54
I now need something that yesterday didn't know existed...

How does it cope with clutter? There's bags, waterbottles, magazines, tissue boxes, junk mail, books, shoes and other general crap strewn around the room.

oracleslave
16th November 2011, 08:18
I now need something that yesterday didn't know existed...

How does it cope with clutter? There's bags, waterbottles, magazines, tissue boxes, junk mail, books, shoes and other general crap strewn around the room.

Just because he's naked, it doesn't mean he won't follow your cleaning instructions and move around to polish knobs, clean behind your radiators etc.

doodab
16th November 2011, 08:23
Just because he's naked, it doesn't mean he won't follow your cleaning instructions and move around to polish knobs, clean behind your radiators etc.

This is where you're theory falls down. No man has ever cleaned behind a radiator.

I do polish my knob quite regularly though.

Nudity precludes the use of hardcore chemicals to clean the oven IMO. Too risky.

TimberWolf
16th November 2011, 08:38
Get wood flooring and one of those big industrial sized brushes. It will only take 10 seconds to sweep the floor more effectively than a vacuum 'cleaner' with the power consumption of an usherettes torch.

OwlHoot
16th November 2011, 09:21
Anyone recommend a robot vacumn cleaner ? ...

Are you saying you're not married?

IGMC - Quickly!

:igmc:

wobbegong
16th November 2011, 09:43

Oi! This isn't Mumsnet you know.

russell
16th November 2011, 10:02
Are there any that can do navigate stairs yet? Quite a common feature in many houses, I want Robocop not ED209.

lamboman
16th November 2011, 12:34
Yes I have a iRobot Roomba and it is great I highly recommend it. John Lewis sell them aswell.

chef
16th November 2011, 13:23
I've actually had 2 Roomba's but that's only because I came back from a contract once to find that my electronic cleaning pet had a large dent in the top of it and no longer seemed to function of which mental ex gf chef knew absolutely nothing about other than "it stopped working" :frown That isn't to say the build quality is anything far from great but it doesn't match up to an east european fruitcake alone in the house.

DimPrawn
16th November 2011, 13:59
I phoned naked cleaners and asked for a robot cleaner, and they sent me this.

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/362/d/7/robot_woman__nebur_pt_by_neburpt-d35v5pb.png

NSFW