• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant just invoiced me for something I didn't ask for (although probably needed)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accountant just invoiced me for something I didn't ask for (although probably needed)

My accountant just sent me an invoice of £90 for a virtual office for my limited company...I never asked for this..is this out of line? or am I being difficult..I told him to inform me of such decisions in the future..My old address was my home address

LOL that is a tough one. I pay for this service via SJD for more so it is a decent price for a valuable service but being taken advantage of for cash for anything pisses me off.

Are you happy with the service? If so just warn him and stay with it IMO
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      LOL that is a tough one. I pay for this service via SJD for more so it is a decent price for a valuable service but being taken advantage of for cash for anything pisses me off.

Are you happy with the service? If so just warn him and stay with it IMO
      105 a month is steep but I bet you do get a good service...To be honest, being a tightwad, as long as my accountant satisfies the bare legal minimum I don't give a tulip..but he needs to play ball with tax avoidance strategies..so far I don't know, I guess we will find out Jan 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Jeystone View Post
        105 a month is steep but I bet you do get a good service...To be honest, being a tightwad, as long as my accountant satisfies the bare legal minimum I don't give a tulip..but he needs to play ball with tax avoidance strategies..so far I don't know, I guess we will find out Jan 2012
        Looking at some of your posts so far I would pay a little extra for your accountant. He has his work cut out but could save you a lot more than you pay him.
        Last edited by northernladuk; 15 November 2011, 21:44.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My accountant just sent me an invoice of £90 for a virtual office for my limited company...I never asked for this..is this out of line? or am I being difficult..I told him to inform me of such decisions in the future..My old address was my home address
          What's that for? A week, a month, a year? £90/year is not so bad, though some accountants do it for free.

So the accountant offered to change your office to their address for you then invoiced you £90 for their trouble without warning you that there was a charge for this service? Most likely it's a misunderstanding on your part, have a chat to them and ask what the story is.
          Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Mine certainly does this for free and charges £550 +VAT per year. I've used them since 1995.

Think I would be pretty pissed off if he tried to charge me for receiving mail that he'll have to deal with anyway !
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I assume that your accountant's address is hosting your registered office?

There is no requirement or need for this to be at your accountant's address, the VAT people for instance, will normally only correspond with your trading address.

Generally, not much mail is sent to your company anyway, the only organisations that really use the registered office address are Companies House and HMRC.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams View Post
                I assume that your accountant's address is hosting your registered office?

There is no requirement or need for this to be at your accountant's address, the VAT people for instance, will normally only correspond with your trading address.

Generally, not much mail is sent to your company anyway, the only organisations that really use the registered office address are Companies House and HMRC.

Alan
                On this note, I found that when my company was first set up, I got a shed load of unsolicited mail. But it's massively calmed down now, and generally the only mail I get for my company is from one of my Plan B clients who - get this - pay by cheque. BY CHEQUE.

Comment

Working...
                X