• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mid morning snackage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mid morning snackage

Is it acceptable to have a pot noodle at my desk at quarter past ten or should I have it in the kitchen instead?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Mid morning snackage

Cream of mushroom cup-a-soup with a teaspoon of 'Encona'.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Is it acceptable to have a pot noodle at my desk at quarter past ten or should I have it in the kitchen instead?
      The pot noodle is acceptable where ever suits you, but the accompanying activities are better performed in trap 2 unless you are alone in the office.
      Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

In one of those weird twists of fate where life imitates art, I was deep in a conversation last night as to whether or not its acceptable to have bread and butter with ones Pot Noodle
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          I would say kitchen. The work sufaces are easier to wipe down and you run less risk of getting 'noodle juice' all over your keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            In one of those weird twists of fate where life imitates art, I was deep in a conversation last night as to whether or not its acceptable to have bread and butter with ones Pot Noodle
            Fascinating.
            "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

its acceptable to have bread and butter with ones Pot Noodle

One of my favourite cheap student meals was pot noodle over a portion of chips, as student priorities are beer before food.

At 'work' I don't think it's acceptable to eat any smelly food in an open office.

Most memorable incident was someone microwaving tinned octopus (IIRC, whatever it was it was fish based and absolutely stank the office out) and a pregnant girl sat nearby complaining it was making her sick.

Next thing she's eating something equally disgusting because she had cravings. I had suspicions she microwaved the octopus and tried covering her tracks by complaining when others did. Women are devious.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

you have to have bread with your Pot noodle "its the Law" bread and butter then place noodles in the bread fold over and dip in the water now thats a proper meal

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                  At 'work' I don't think it's acceptable to eat any smelly food in an open office.
                  I did a project in Glasgow many years back where I'm convinced that one bloke in the tiny, poky little office deliberately chose the stinkiest food to microwave for lunch.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    I did a project in Glasgow many years back where I'm convinced that one bloke in the tiny, poky little office deliberately chose the stinkiest food to microwave for lunch.
                    Sometimes it's to lay down some fog to hide their farts or bad BO.

If Wacko Jacko hadn't been drugged up so much I think he'd have invented a personal oxygen suit which would have been ideal in these scenarios. Fate can be a bitch sometimes.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X