• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GPS navigation system

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS navigation system

Hey guys! i am new here... wanted to ask for an advice... has someone had an experience with any nice navigation systems? you know how anoying and unhelpful they can be... so if anyone could recomend me something good I'll really apreciate it.. what would you say about TomTom or nav4all..? Thanx in advance..

http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread6779-tomtom.html

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Wilkinson
      Hey guys! i am new here... wanted to ask for an advice... has someone had an experience with any nice navigation systems? you know how anoying and unhelpful they can be... so if anyone could recomend me something good I'll really apreciate it.. what would you say about TomTom or nav4all..? Thanx in advance..
      For GPS receivers per-se I have my eye on a Garmin 60CSX, which is £524 new but several available second hand on ebay for c. £300.

It is supposed to work in heavy foliage and deep canyons, is completely waterproof, and includes an accurate altimeter and compass.

I imagine one can get navigation systems for it as well.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

mio168

i bought a mio 168 from a site called novatech , it cost about £200 quid , its a pocket pc + gps , it came with software called navigon , but it was not very good , so i got a copy ov tomtom , and what can i say . its the best thing i have ever bought , i travel between 200-500 miles a day , it has never let me down . it takes me from door to door and warns me of speed cameras .
        ive heard that mio 168 is on its way out , but other companys still sell it .
        i would be lost without it . i havent looked at a map for the last 12 months , totaly awesome .

Comment

Originally posted by phil1968
          i travel between 200-500 miles a day

you're a train driver???

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Wilkinson
            I find that a spouse and a map provides hours of endless amusement, & recommended for matrimonial harmony

Comment

I had one fitted to the Jag when I bought it a couple of years ago it cost £1000 at the time its not so bad for a NAV system. But I have also just bought two TomToms not sure which ones they were about £150 each for two off our engineers. They seem to work well.
              SA says;
              Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              (whatever these are)

Comment

I use one of these...

The Northrop Grumman Navigation Systems Division (NSD) LN-260 is a Form, Fit, and Function replacement INS/GPS for the F-16. The LN-260 is a high performance, low cost INS/GPS that combines the existing F-16 missionization of NSD’s LN-100G, with the state-of-theart Fiber Optic Gyroscope (FOG) based inertial sensor assembly from the LN-251.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Just don't leave it on auto-pilot when you cross the date line...
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                  X