• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Applying for contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applying for contracts

If I apply for a contract based in London...why does the agent reply back telling me about a contract in Cambridge?

Originally posted by carlosLondon View Post
    If I apply for a contract based in London...why does the agent reply back telling me about a contract in Cambridge?
    Because he's an agent and by definition geographically* incompetent.

If you're stuck for a laugh, look up your average Senior Recruitment Consultant on LinkedIn (they all have a profile) and see just how extensive his work history really is... Had one guy not so long back trying to evaluate my 35 year CV on the basis of three months in hiring and nine months selling sporting goods since leaving Uni. Tried to tell me I had no recent project management experience. Odd really since I'd just come off delivering a £15m migration...

* Actually, delete "geographically"...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      Because he's an agent and by definition geographically* incompetent.

If you're stuck for a laugh, look up your average Senior Recruitment Consultant on LinkedIn (they all have a profile) and see just how extensive his work history really is... Had one guy not so long back trying to evaluate my 35 year CV on the basis of three months in hiring and nine months selling sporting goods since leaving Uni. Tried to tell me I had no recent project management experience. Odd really since I'd just come off delivering a £15m migration...

* Actually, delete "geographically"...
      I'm quite bored at the moment, so I might spend tomorrow in Linkedin and apply for jobs in Swansea. They might offer something in London!

Comment

Because they think you'll move wherever the work is. Many do.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Was it with Ryanair?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Was it with Ryanair?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Because they think you'll move wherever the work is. Many do.
              If the money is right then yes.

Comment

Because he/she is a ******* idiot I got one today which is basically a secretaries job:

Description:
                Provide administrative support to Scientific Office including:
                · Monitoring of the ScO Mailbox
                · Processing requests daily
                · Sorting out agendas
                · Distributing related documentation to internal staff
                · Record/track outcomes of Review Meetings, on or offline (including releases) in the appropriate workbooks.
                · Develop/maintain submission and response forms for Scientific Officers and Clinical Teams. Continually update workbooks for all CTP metrics as appropriate
                Required:
                • GSCE English Language or equivalent
                • Knowledge/Proficiency of MS Office (Word, Excel Powerpoint) and Lotus Notes
                • Maturity to deal and interact with a wide variety of people at all levels.
                • Previous Office experience required, preferably with a Pharmaceutical Company.
                • Experience of supporting senior management in a global company
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Because your name pops up on a database search and

1. They never listen when you tell them about location.
                  2. They think they can talk you into it anyway regardless of how tulip the rate is
                  3. They've got no idea of geography (had one agent who was absolutely astounded the parts of Wales were actually pretty close to Bristol - he couldnt fathom it because it was a different country!)
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    There aren't any.

HTH.
                    DVLA? Fujitsu?
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X